PDA

View Full Version : EASA duty to report / flight fitness

tomasm123
10th Jun 2018, 01:04
Hello,

I am a EASA PartMed Class 1 certificate holder and I have gone through a small procedure to remove a small cyst from my back with local anesthetic.
Can I go right back to flying when I feel well?

When I was studying for the CAA tests I remember seeing something to do with the duty to report to the Aeronautical Medical Authority on occurrence of certain events. Is this one of them?
One of my colleagues even said that my medical certif. is automatically invalidated after the procedure. Is this the case?

Regards,
Tomás M

Radgirl
10th Jun 2018, 17:10
Yes you have a duty to report it at the time. If just under local anaesthetic I suspect you will be told not to fly for just that day, but you may well be required to provide the pathology report on the cyst

You are not going to be grounded IMHO so always best to inform, and if you do it before the event you can avoid chasing reports and results afterwards

marionv
17th Jun 2018, 13:49
According to Part MED you have to inform your AME about everything concerning your health.

With a small Intervention with local anesthesia you only have to stay off duty for about 24 hours after the "surgery". Your AME will inform you in detail.