PDA

View Full Version : BBMF Flypast - Sutton, Cambs

brokenlink
9th Jun 2018, 12:20
Lovely flypast over the school fete in Sutton just now.
Many thanks to all who keep this wonderful aircraft in the air and display them with such skill.
I just happened to be walking a friends dog on whats is left of RAF Mepal adjacent to the village when they came over the top, surreal to be standing on a former Lancaster base with one in the overhead, and a black Labrador on a lead for added effect!

BEagle
9th Jun 2018, 12:27
It looked great on TV as it flew past Buck House, flanked as usual by a Spitfire and a Hurricane!

But the rest of the flypast? 1 x Puma, 1 x Chinook, 1 x A400M, 1 x C-17, 1 x Voyager + 2 x Typhoon, 4 x Tornado and finally RAFAT.

Was that a bad weather option, or was it really all that HMFC could put in the air today?

Melchett01
9th Jun 2018, 14:57
Melchett Towers was treated to 2 flypasts by BBMF this morning en route to the parade. The sound of those Merlins all roaring away was a marvellous boost to morale and was sufficiently loud to stop the traffic and get the neighbours out. Splendid! I did wonder whether our new shiny toy might put in an appearance.

tutgby
9th Jun 2018, 16:08
It might come as a surprise Beagle and others...but nowadays various Forces are so maxed out with general tasking and Ops that the thought of putting up a diamond 9 on a weekend would probably p*ss off a lot of people who otherwise want to spent hard earned time with their families.

I know that back in the day, blar blar blar, the Air Force was bigger, more aircraft etc etc., but then you’ve answered your own question!

aw ditor
9th Jun 2018, 16:19
Was that Sutton-in-the-Isle?

brokenlink
9th Jun 2018, 22:20
AW - Sure was!

aw ditor
10th Jun 2018, 06:42
Off down to The Anchor then?

David Thompson
10th Jun 2018, 13:35
I'm not a Facebook user but the BoBMF post up their flying programme on their homepage which you can also access via the inter-web . The flypast of the Anchor Inn appears at 12:10 in the QBF schedule , link here ;
https://www.facebook.com/BBMF.Official/ .