PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair booking site down and an apology

brabazon
25th Jul 2002, 08:23
Anyone else had difficulty accessing Ryanair's booking site - I've tried for the last hour and it keeps coming back with an error message.

Also on Ryanair, there was an item on the baggage handling problems at Stansted on the BBC news-site the other day and there was the following quote from Ryanair:

A Ryanair spokesman apologised for the delay, which he put down to "late check-in closures, delays in the delivery of baggage into the arrivals hall, and short-shipment of bags".

Nice to see an apology from Ryanair for a change, wonder if M O'L sanctioned it.

My recent Ryanair flights were fine, apart from a delay leaving Stansted due to lack of staff to unload the inbound flight and load our bags, and then a long wait at Stansted on my return waiting for the bags to arrive.

Pax Vobiscum
25th Jul 2002, 10:54
Taken from Ryanair.com:

RYANAIR BOOKING SITE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.

Due to a fault with British Telecom, our booking site is currently unavailable. At this stage we have no time frame on when this fault will be fixed.

As soon as we have any further information, we will let you know. This situation is completely outside of our control, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to our passengers.

No ISP is 100% reliable, but in my professional opinion this is a bit weak for an e-commerce site doing millions of pounds a day in revenue.

Perhaps Capt PPRUNE could offer some assistance in developing a reliable and high-performance site;)

jetstream7
25th Jul 2002, 11:32
Don't turn this into a Ryanair bashing thread please as it seems already to be heading in thar direction....

What we need to understand is whether it would be normal for an operation like Ryanair's to be set up with backup systems and processes to a greater degree than those they have in place

If they should, and don't, then criticism can be fairly aimed in their direction. If they have the industry norm or greater , then obviously the problem lies with their provider, or whatever is causing the problem - it could be as simple as a line fault perhaps ?

Whatever the situation, no doubt BT will get hammered by Ryanair for loss of revenue and profit?

charterguy
25th Jul 2002, 12:03
Jetstream7

Unlikely, most ISPs have get-out clauses in their small print, and knowing MOL he will probably be on one of those free dial up packages with no come-back (hahaha). Serves him right the tight fisted ****. :D :D :D

stevobeevo
25th Jul 2002, 12:08
On the topic of ryanair bookings. Does anyone know when their winter schedules will be published? Do they often leave it this late as most of their competition have had theirs out for a few weeks now.:rolleyes:

brabazon
25th Jul 2002, 13:47
Seems like it's back again now:

RYANAIR BOOKING SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE.

Our booking site is now up and running again.

Although, customers may experience some delays in making bookings. If customers are experiencing extreme difficulties, we would ask you to try again later.

Again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to our passengers. We will update you again, as soon as we have any further information.

airbourne
25th Jul 2002, 14:38
No, lets turn this thread into a Ryanair bashing thread. We havn't bitched about Ryanair in almost 6 hours:D :D :D

Hogg
25th Jul 2002, 14:52
Ah now Airbourne:rolleyes: Dont be like that , Wait til you get ure atpl, you might need them like i do ;) ;)

Two Stable.........Full Thrust. Roar

MarkD
25th Jul 2002, 14:53
BT's DNS has been causing problems...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/26340.html

unwiseowl
25th Jul 2002, 17:39
BT always do that bad payers. I can't believe that Ryanair would be a bad payer though.