PDA

View Full Version : Norwich

Doctor Cruces
5th Jun 2018, 16:32
Can anyone tell me the flight numbers and schedules of the Sunwing 737 that's flying for Tui out of Norwich this summer?

I've tried googling et al and not got very far.
TIA

Doc C

sparkie320
5th Jun 2018, 20:15
Can anyone tell me the flight numbers and schedules of the Sunwing 737 that's flying for Tui out of Norwich this summer?

I've tried googling et al and not got very far.
TIA

Doc C

Hi
Think you need to check the TUI site, or even Norwich Airport
but here a guide for you

Mon Gran Canaria TOM 5182/5183 Dep 09:00 Ret 18:30

Tue Palma TOM5248/5249 Dep 06;00 Ret 12:15
Crete TOM 5226/5227 Dep 13:15 Ret 21:50

Wed Rhodes TOM 5382/5383 Dep 07:35 Ret 16:30

Thur Paphos TOM5482/5483 Dep 09;00 Ret 19:15

Fri Ibiza TOM 5522/5523 Dep 06:00 Ret 12:20
Corfu TOM 5528/5529 Dep 13:35 Ret 20:45

Sat Palma TOM5662/5663 Dep 08:05, Ret 14:20
Menorca TOM5606/5605 Dep 15:35, Ret 21:25

Sun Palma TOM5706/5707 Dep 06:00, Ret 12:05
Tenerife TOM5750/5751 Dep 13:05 Ret 22:40

Single aircraft based here at Norwich, Night stops at Norwich end of each day
swops with Leeds based regular usually down route Palma Rhodes been couple of places
Last year they operated a couple of flights from Humberside but think that ceased this year
times are estimated and subject to change

Hope that helps

Doctor Cruces
6th Jun 2018, 15:32
Many thanks.
Doc C

Mike Flynn
13th Nov 2018, 23:09
What does the future hold for Norwich with Flybe up for sale and Eastern in the doldrums?

22/04
14th Nov 2018, 12:43
A few regional routes flown by Eastern or Loganair/BMI and the TUI operation I would think- and a declining market for offshore work.

sparkie320
14th Nov 2018, 15:51
I would guess Norwich will survive no reason why it cant, drop the airport tax and might get a few show interest
if Ryanair or EasyJet can do Southend then why not Norwich
shame not much work being done on it to bring it up to modern standards unlike other small uk airports
Loganair will grow and keep Norwich as a base
KLM
TUI will use Sunwing again next year for the charter flights
Yes the charters have dropped a little
Mark

NickBarnes
2nd Feb 2019, 12:29
It's expected that a new airline maybe announced from the airport in the coming months ;)

PDXCWL45
2nd Feb 2019, 12:35
It's expected that a new airline maybe announced from the airport in the coming months ;)
What airline is that?

rog747
2nd Feb 2019, 13:06
re IT charters what is the programme for S19 please
Is BA city flyer doing anything plus Germania again?

Is anything charter based there or is it all foreign carriers and or W patterns?

many thanks

tophat27dt
2nd Feb 2019, 13:24
What airline is that?
Hes not going to tell you ! Lol

southside bobby
2nd Feb 2019, 14:09

Are we bovver ! Lol

PDXCWL45
2nd Feb 2019, 14:52
Shame! My best guess is Ryanair!

southside bobby
2nd Feb 2019, 15:26

Risen to the tease...

Dontgothere
2nd Feb 2019, 16:01
Virgin Connect, on the basis FlyBe has all but bitten it?

sparkie320
2nd Feb 2019, 17:51
re IT charters what is the programme for S19 please
Is BA city flyer doing anything plus Germania again?

Is anything charter based there or is it all foreign carriers and or W patterns?

many thanks
Germania blimey your out of date there ,they got replaced by Sunwing in 2016 as they could not spare a A321 and TUI wanted a bigger aircraft
Sunwing are due back to base a 737-800 for TUI for 2019
Not heard if Thomas Cook are operating the Dalaman this year, but that be a Stansted or Newcastle based aircraft on the W Pattern
Newmarket holidays seem to use KLM via the Amsterdam route or Flybe
BH Air assume will be the early Sunday morning flight again
Flybe or will it be Virgin assume will fly the Exeter,Malaga and Alicante routes-No Jersey that got binned
thats abouut it on IT charters like last year nothing special came in but who knows

BA Cityflyer never operated out of Norwich been couple KLM Engineering visits

Domestic will be Loganair with the EMB aircraft and i guess Jersey added
2 will be based here and operate Manchester, Edinburgh ,Jersey, had heard they looking at Bournemouth & Humberside to Jersey would guess that be a W pattern from Norwich
BMI Regional of course doing Aberdeen for Eastern
we shall wait and see whats around the corner

Mark

BAladdy
2nd Feb 2019, 21:56
BMI Regional have been operating to ABZ on behalf of Eastern since they dropped the route....

anyone know now if this agreement is set to continue during S19.

sparkie320
2nd Feb 2019, 23:25
BMI Regional have been operating to ABZ on behalf of Eastern since they dropped the route....

anyone know now if this agreement is set to continue during S19.
yes it seems so unless others know different
I did put that in my last post I think

Mark

rog747
3rd Feb 2019, 06:58
Germania blimey your out of date there ,they got replaced by Sunwing in 2016 as they could not spare a A321 and TUI wanted a bigger aircraft
Sunwing are due back to base a 737-800 for TUI for 2019
Not heard if Thomas Cook are operating the Dalaman this year, but that be a Stansted or Newcastle based aircraft on the W Pattern
Newmarket holidays seem to use KLM via the Amsterdam route or Flybe
BH Air assume will be the early Sunday morning flight again
Flybe or will it be Virgin assume will fly the Exeter,Malaga and Alicante routes-No Jersey that got binned
thats abouut it on IT charters like last year nothing special came in but who knows

BA Cityflyer never operated out of Norwich been couple KLM Engineering visits

Domestic will be Loganair with the EMB aircraft and i guess Jersey added
2 will be based here and operate Manchester, Edinburgh ,Jersey, had heard they looking at Bournemouth & Humberside to Jersey would guess that be a W pattern from Norwich
BMI Regional of course doing Aberdeen for Eastern
we shall wait and see whats around the corner

Mark

Thanks M - just heard that sadly Germania/ST are about to go bust it seems
I think freebird did the DLM last year for one of the tour company's
BH? is that Balkan Hols...Bourgas?

cheers R

PS Re BA CF - Am thinking now it was HUY they did some summer IT's from 2017 -
They have a big weekend IT show from all over Scotland (Barrhead Travel) plus some others from IOM

NickBarnes
3rd Feb 2019, 07:10
............ ;)

MARKEYD
3rd Feb 2019, 09:08
With the question mark definitely over Flybe and probably the last summer that the E195 will operate to ALC and AGP i suspect that Ryanair and the Rigby group , have well been doing some talking.
With what could be a similar set up as Exeter this year, to test the water prehaps???

NickBarnes
3rd Feb 2019, 12:09
I believe that has probably been the case Mark yes, Also with the brand new world duty free, new Costa before security, whsmith also renovated before security, whsmith opening another one in departures and also a Costa currently been completed in departures, you feel all this has been done with an airline such as themselves coming to the airport.

sparkie320
3rd Feb 2019, 16:10
Thanks M - just heard that sadly Germania/ST are about to go bust it seems
I think freebird did the DLM last year for one of the tour company's
BH? is that Balkan Hols...Bourgas?

cheers R

PS Re BA CF - Am thinking now it was HUY they did some summer IT's from 2017 -
They have a big weekend IT show from all over Scotland (Barrhead Travel) plus some others from IOM

Hope Germania survie there a good airline and the feedback on the NWI run was good

yes BH Air Balkan Holidays to Bourgas
Freebird covered the Saturday Dalaman for TUI but wont be back this year, shame i needed to capture TC-FHC on film
Sunwing / TUI are operating it this year i belive on a Monday replacing i think Gran Canaria not sure expect someone will fill me in there

Mark

BAladdy
3rd Feb 2019, 17:52
yes it seems so unless others know different
I did put that in my last post I think

Mark
The only reason I ask is that the Flybe website normally shows the route is operated by Bmi regional on behalf of Eastern Airways. However from 1st April the flights show as just being operated by Eastern Airways. No mention of BMI Regional.

Flights from 1st April are showing as still operated by a ER4

TWS04
3rd Feb 2019, 17:58
There was mention in the last year or two about an airline such as Wizz! operating routes to Eastern Europe but that either name came to fruition or is still being negotiated.
Would be good if Ryanair or EasyJet did join, it’s the low fares that are winning these days.
BGH/BOJ this year will operate on a Thursday morning rather than a Sunday.

southside bobby
5th Feb 2019, 04:17
Just to complete the sentiments expressed here Germania have indeed shut down overnight.

rog747
5th Feb 2019, 07:01
Just to complete the sentiments expressed here Germania have indeed shut down overnight.

Great shame - they were a great package holiday airline from a passenger and tour operators perspective one of the best these past few years,
although I gather their Terms and Endearment with pilots and crew were perhaps questionable (P2F pay to fly pilots and work conditions)

So Germany's last private long established holiday airline future looks very bleak, ST started life in the 70's as SAT with Caravelles -
Is there any one else now left in Europe?
Monarch was the last in the UK....We have Titan but not quite the same - although they do a few IT Med and ski flights of their own.

Edit - seems its all over and ST folds last night - The Swiss and Bulgarian subsidiaries live to see another day though....

ATNotts
5th Feb 2019, 07:07
Great shame - they were a great package holiday airline from a passenger and tour operators perspective one of the best these past few years,
although I gather their Terms and Endearment with pilots and crew were perhaps questionable (P2F pay to fly pilots and work conditions)

Similar to Monarch in some respects. Just too good to survive in this era of pile it high, sell it cheap and to hell with customer service. I suppose you could say "it's the will of the people".

rog747
5th Feb 2019, 07:22
Quite - the old ethos seems to have now died - even Sunvil have now given up trying to offer their pax a full service IT charter with hot meals etc

(Although Novair in Sweden flying for Apollo Resor seems to be OK - for now, having just taken two new A321NEO's for IT work)

Quote-
''Germania is an independent German airline with a history that goes back more than 40 years. The airline with the green and white logo carries more than 4 million passengers per year on short-haul and medium-haul flights. Germania offers connections from 18 departure airports in Europe to over 60 destinations within the continent, in North Africa and the Middle East.

Reversing the common industry trend, Germania continues to offer complimentary hot meals, snacks, soft drinks, magazines and a 20 kg free baggage allowance.

Germania’s business model combines scheduled, charter and ad-hoc IT flights. Together with Bulgarian Eagle and the Swiss airline Germania Flug AG, Germania operates a fleet of currently 37 aircraft. Germania Technik Brandenburg GmbH is responsible for the company's aircraft maintenance.''

Mike Flynn
5th Feb 2019, 07:54

If it is Ryanair a lot will have to change at the airport not least the appalling staff and over the top security.

Then there is the departure tax.

When I am in the UK I refuse to use Norwich ,even though it is the nearest airport, for the reasons that many cite on the Skytrax review.

Reversing the common industry trend, Germania continues to offer complimentary hot meals, snacks, soft drinks, magazines and a 20 kg free baggage allowance.

A crazy business model these days. Low cost airlines and and online hotel consolidaters have moved the goalposts to the detriment of traditional package tour operators.
If I am on a cheap flight of a couple of hours I don’t need the frills, inflight food or
20kg of luggage. I suspect a lot of high street travel agents have a limited future.

PDXCWL45
5th Feb 2019, 07:59
If it is Ryanair a lot will have to change at the airport not least the appalling staff and over the top security.

Then there is the departure tax.

Like many I refuse to use Norwich for the reasons that many cite on the Skytrax review of the airport.
I imagine that the departure taxwould go.

tommynwi
3rd May 2019, 13:08
Loganair starting flights to Aberdeen from 01st September. Up to 3 daily m-f and a Sunday evening service. Operated by a 3rd based embraer jet.

TartinTon
3rd May 2019, 15:15
Loganair starting flights to Aberdeen from 01st September. Up to 3 daily m-f and a Sunday evening service. Operated by a 3rd based embraer jet.

Are Eastern stopping or is it going back to its old, unsustainable 6 flights a day?

NickBarnes
3rd May 2019, 15:38
Are Eastern stopping or is it going back to its old, unsustainable 6 flights a day?

Old 6 times a day

sparkie320
4th May 2019, 04:40
This could be interesting if Loganair start Aberdeen route
bearing in mind the route currently operated by a former BMI Embraer operated as a Flybe franchise and a single Sunday Eastern Atr72
Now that the Embraer fleet are all Loganair i can't see them operating there own flight and the Flybe/Eastern
i would take a guess and say the Eastern/Flybe will disappear and the whole route becomes fully Loganair, could be wrong
If you remember Eastern closed NWI as a base
shame we shall see
mark