PDA

View Full Version : JOTA Aoc suspended ?

OSCAR YANKEE
5th Jun 2018, 10:14
Rumours in Essex that JOTA Aviation has had their AOC suspended.

Anyone in the know ?

Mister Blue Sky
5th Jun 2018, 11:37
Rumours in Essex that JOTA Aviation has had their AOC suspended.

Anyone in the know ?
Absolutely incorrect..
Spoken with Jota today. I understand quite the opposite and growth is massive this year. Never been busier and no issues with the AOC.
All flights operating normally.
Where does this misinformation come from? Always counterproductive and can be damaging to a company and its employees. Need to be accurate with these sort of things.
Check facts before starting rumours! I know this is a rumour network but let's get our facts right!

Tagron
5th Jun 2018, 11:42
Quite so. FR24 shows RJ100 G-JOTS airborne a few minutes ago,operating Pau-Lyon for HOP

According to the latest published CAA list of AOC holders dated 30 April, only the BAe146 and RJs are listed on the Jota AOC. The KingAir is no longer shown. Is this the basis for this inaccurate rumour ? That's the most charitable explanation I can suggest.

AndyGreenJota
5th Jun 2018, 12:20
Oscar Yankee - I see this isn't your first negative post about Jota. And of course a baseless statement that is untrue. have I upset you in the past? What do you do for a job aside from keyboard warrior?

For the record everyone, I am Andy Green, the CEO and Accountable Manager of Jota. I am very pleased to say that we are a very busy, profitable, compliant and safe UK Type A UK airline with a very good order book with some very prestigious and loyal customers. We have recently expanded our fleet and now have 4 x 146-300QT freighters to compliment our passenger fleet.

Thanks
Andy Green

SEG79
5th Jun 2018, 14:26
Looking at the amount of staff they are recruiting (they are advertising for people everyday nearly!) I'd suggest quite the contrary. They were posting recent videos all over social media yesterday so if they didn't have an AOC they wouldn't be doing that for sure! Sorry to quash the rumour mill but a little research in the right places should tell you all you need to know.

A4
6th Jun 2018, 08:29
I think to be fair to the original poster, he asked a question - he didn’t make a statement, so to go on the attack (“have I upset you in the past?” + keyboard warrior) is unbecoming of a company CEO on a public forum. Some may perceive that as a bit too defensive - that’s the problem with replying in a forum, the true message is at the mercy of reader interpretation.

I am more than aware (believe me) that negative comments / rumours / crap reporting can have seriously detrimental consequences for an operator........but play the ball, not the man - he asked a question.

What kind of a society is it where you dare not mention anything that may be perceived as even remotely controversial at the risk of being flamed (I think that’s the internet parlance).

Best of luck with JOTA’s continued expansion.

A4

ShamrockF
6th Jun 2018, 08:34
A4, this is a pretty serious issue. Customers of Jota also use this forum and are surely asking whether or not they should seek a backup supplier just in case. There's a serious potential for Jota to lose customers are a result of this, would could genuinely place their AOC in jepordy. It's not to be taken lightly.

If a source to the rumour was put up it would apply some credibility to the statement, but to go on a public forum and toss something out so flippantly is reckless and unfair to a good operator like Jota.

A4
6th Jun 2018, 08:49
Hello ShamrockF, I TOTALLY understand that (been there, been a victim of it) - and the CEO’s response should have put any concerns to bed. To flip it 180 degrees, perhaps by being posted on PPRune it has provided JOTA the opportunity to rebuff and put straight any rumours as opposed to them steadily spreading through the industry channels.

My main point was that it seemed the original poster was harangued for daring to ask an, in all essence, innocent question.

A4

Capt Ecureuil
6th Jun 2018, 09:02
From a post last year...

Allegedly struggling to keep pilots. Owner apparently not interested in his staff....

Seems he likes spreading rumours about them.

t211
6th Jun 2018, 09:36
Same old problem RTFQ= 1/2 TBA

FlightlessParrot
6th Jun 2018, 10:26
My main point was that it seemed the original poster was harangued for daring to ask an, in all essence, innocent question.

Hello A4, I'm not an aviation professional, but I am a text professional. That was NOT an innocent question. It started off by stating that there were rumours. OK, it's Rumours and News. But the CEO had information about previous form, so reasonably formed the opinion that it was a malicious, not innocent question, asked by someone who knew the consequences of rumours, however ill founded.

Here's a question, innocent or not is up to you: Does anyone think OP might possibly be an ex-employee with a grudge?

Momoe
6th Jun 2018, 10:50
CEO is quite right to robustly defend his company and ask the question.
Ball is very much with the OP who needs to provide the source for the rumour which would give some validity to the OP, failure to do so would put them into the "Ex-employee with a grudge" category imo.

roving
6th Jun 2018, 10:52
The CEO has every right to be aggrieved. The malice is found in this earlier post.

https://www.pprune.org/9736060-post6.html

A4
6th Jun 2018, 12:19
Ok, I'll concede it does look slightly "direct" in light of the previous thread.......have to confess I don't usually do a thread trawl of previous posts to get context for a statement/question. I must make more effort in future..........:}

Out.

A4