PDA

View Full Version : German medical transfer to UK CAA

parkfell
4th Jun 2018, 10:33
The situation may well have improved, but as I understand it, the Germans will not transfer the medical data.

So if the initial class one was issued in Germany, and a renewal medical is required but issued in the UK, does a further initial have to take place??

Climb360
4th Jun 2018, 13:47
It's not that the Germans won't transfer the data, it's that the Germans don't have it. German Privacy laws prohibit the LBA or your doctor to share any medical information, even if you would request it yourself.

parkfell
5th Jun 2018, 15:36
Climb 360

You don't really answer the Q........
so how do you continue with UK medical certification....?

Climb360
6th Jun 2018, 07:56
Well, since the Germans do not share any medical information with any other EASA Authority, my guess would be that you'd have to do an Initial in the UK as there is no data to base the renewal on.

Radgirl
6th Jun 2018, 08:46
This is a recurring thread on PPrune. It has been established you cant repeat the initial in EASA land although the Irish seem to consider themselves exempt.......However, nobody has posted that they have actually succeeded in repeating an initial in Ireland

I dare say this thread can continue with no definitive answer. My experience is that a doctor, hospital or other body in Germany cannot pass medical data to another such person but of course the patient has a right to see their own records. I cannot see why you cant go to whoever did the initial and ask them to give you a certified copy..... You may not get any renewal data without going to every AME and repeating the exercise, but this isnt beyond the realms of possibility. Might be worth asking the receiving Authority if this is OK, but as the CAA provides certified copies of licenses for the FAA it suggests they should be happy.

Any German doctors wish to comment?

iggy
29th Nov 2018, 04:34
I'm now at a similar stake with the LBA. I'm transferring my EASA license to another state and I have been asked by the LBA to provide them with the complete set of the last 3 aeromedical examinations (all medical reports, all applications, EVERYTHING), which goes back almost 5 years, involving 3 different AME's in 3 different countries.

Is there any other solution rather than setting off in this "archaeological quest"? Any personal experience out there?

Txs!