PDA

View Full Version : license from south africa

isuhan
2nd Jun 2018, 18:20
I know the main civil aviation authorities are ICAO, EASA and the FAA. With a license from South Africa I should technically be able to fly in Europe but that requires EASA license. What I'm trying to ask is where can I fly with a license from South Africa without paying crazy amounts of money to convert the license? And also what license, or in which country can I get a license that is accepted in most places. Thanks in advance!

777humility
3rd Jun 2018, 16:45
I know the main civil aviation authorities are ICAO, EASA and the FAA. With a license from South Africa I should technically be able to fly in Europe but that requires EASA license. What I'm trying to ask is where can I fly with a license from South Africa without paying crazy amounts of money to convert the license? And also what license, or in which country can I get a license that is accepted in most places. Thanks in advance!.
People need to answer you for I am also waiting for the answer. Kindly remember to mention something about Aussi license and transport Canada

Jaredlrx
7th Jun 2018, 10:01
You’ve pretty much answered your own question. South Africa operates under ICAO as do a number of Countries worldwide. Even though you may get a SA ICAO commercial license you’ll have to convert it wherever you go in the world as every country has slightly different regulations. EASA or a JAR license generally is used in Europe and FAA in the states.