PDA

View Full Version : Maun update

hatton
31st May 2018, 10:29
I know Mack Air are getting 10x 208 Caravans, but what does this mean for the rest of the fleet? Are the Airvans, Kodiak and Cessna 206/210 going?

Bend alot
1st Jun 2018, 23:14
If your getting 10 x C208 Caravans, it might be wise to off load the Kodiak for standardization . Not sure of the fleet size of Mack Air anymore but keeping some smaller aircraft could be a good idea.

Mack Air were a pretty switched on mob when I was there, so I am sure they have a good plan.

What is the future look like for Avgas over there?

PilotInPink
4th Jun 2018, 13:28
What is the future look like for Avgas over there?

As I said in a meeting with our fuel suppliers recently, the piston aircraft are not necessarily leaving Maun, more likely a large number will stay where they are but with a different logo on the side.

camtwright
29th Jun 2018, 08:06
Mack air and Wilderness Air are in the transition to fully turbine fleets. Wilderness Air has 2 airvans currently, the rest of the piston fleet is gone, so hiring on piston is non existent, but I know Mack Air is still flying their pistons, but are slowly selling them off to other operators in Maun. There are still many piston operators in Maun, Safari Air and Major blue still have Airvans and Caravans for those that wish to progress from piston to turbine. But the requirements now for direct entry Caravan pilots are so low it would make sense to send a CV to Mack Air or Wilderness; if you have 800TT and a rating you're on firm footing. Both companies are expanding their Caravan fleets, I don't think the Kodiak will necessarily go as it is required for a specific use-case.