PDA

View Full Version : UNAWARE. UNAFRAID.

desertbob
30th May 2018, 21:52
unaware of the threats and unafraid of the outcome.

reality?
-pay raise: whopping $100 per month
-swapping system: useless
-bidding system: useless
-pilot tablet: useless
-crew portal: useless
-special tickets: cheaper on sales
-new trainers: never flown a B777
-new training captains: 6 months left seat experience only
-new training captains: 50% pay cut
-new hire pilots: no jet time
-early retirement age: dropped from 60yrs to 50yrs to mask attrition
-new alcohol ban: only one airline affected
-poor grading in simulator: warning letter
-new long haul crew compliment: down from 4 pilots to 3 pilots
-new cabin crew compliment: down by 3 cabin crew

improvements?
-swap OT and no one gets OT pay
-buy a standby ticket and you might get the jumpseat
-new command age: only pilots left to upgrade
-east west swaps still 8 days but rostering allowed
-days off cap ... if any available

who is leaving?
-pilots
-chief pilots
-recruitment managers
-instructors
-TRE's/TRI's
-fleet managers
-training managers

BANANASBANANAS
31st May 2018, 00:53
A grim and accurate portrayal of life in Emirates.

SOPS
31st May 2018, 01:52
I really dont get it. They seem helll bent on making EK the absolute worst place to work in thee world. There was a time people were bashing the door down to get in, and they could demand people have thousands of hour on heavy jets just to get the privilege of filling out the application form .... nowadays it’s ok if you have a pulse and can draw a reasonable picture of an aircraft.

I don’t understand it.... it could be the greatest job in the world, a modern Pan Am. They seem however to want it to end up the same way as Pan Am. As I said .... I just don’t understand.

dustyflightdeck
31st May 2018, 03:07
All correct, sadly. I don't understand it either SOPS, I am beginning to think they want everyone to leave??

Rabbitwear
31st May 2018, 04:36
It should be the best place to work , awesome route structure , Great Aircraft , great people mostly !
how thick can the management be to realise a premium needs to be paid for living in the sandpit or Bases . In the past they have waited for Airlines to go broke to fill there boots but this time it looks like they will succumb to their own stupidity , please ask the King to sack all the managers !

donpizmeov
31st May 2018, 04:38
Nah opsnormal . SAA is about to save the day .

AQIS Boigu
31st May 2018, 04:42
Same about 7hrs east. CX used to have 1000s of applications of experienced pilots including widebody captains.

And now...?

SOPS
31st May 2018, 04:43
That’s what Cathay thought as well, Don. Didn’t quite work out like that, however.

Trigger Happy
31st May 2018, 09:35
Nah opsnormal . SAA is about to save the day .
Be interesting to see how many take up EK's offer.

BigGeordie
31st May 2018, 10:52
Not many once they read the small print. Maybe a few Airbus guys who want to fly the 380 (hint to them: it is just another aeroplane. It is big but most aren’t even that shiny anymore).

If EK management based our dismal pay review on SAA saving the day they are probably in for a shock.

donpizmeov
31st May 2018, 13:02
TCT sounded like a giggling teenage girl when talking about his visit to the CRC .Good to see he is keeping his mind active counting galley handholds. How would we ever do our jobs without his sage advice. i think he will wet himself if he ever visits the flightdeck .

gofor
31st May 2018, 13:14
That’s what Cathay thought as well, Don. Didn’t quite work out like that, however.

CX have a pilots union!

SOPS
31st May 2018, 13:27
I think you will find the union had nothing to do with it!!!

gofor
31st May 2018, 13:44
I think you will find the union had nothing to do with it!!!

You are privy to the letter sent to SAAPA from the HKAOA , and the advice SAAPA passed on to their members about joining CX? However you are correct that why would a SAA CN join CX as an FO as there is no DEC, or a SFO at SAA join a bottom of the seniority list at CX. Whereas EK could do the DEC thing , again.

givemewings
31st May 2018, 18:00
Don, TCT = Timmy?

Im shocked he left the confines of the F cabin, surprised he didnt burst into flames going to Y...

I always maintained that if anyone in charge of approving that sorry excuse of a CRC actually had to use it after doing a month's worth of ULR trips, it would never have got the go ahead.

777-200LR
1st Jun 2018, 01:34
TCT = Three Crew Tyrell

givemewings
1st Jun 2018, 01:52
Ah of course. Thanks.

Captain Dart
1st Jun 2018, 02:42
CX are reading from the same playbook. It's uncanny how the two airlines are following a similar path. I will soon be going thru the CX resignation process. The attitude is almost as if they want experienced crew to leave. I've been racking my brain trying to work out why. I can only come up with:

Replace them with someone cheaper
Playing 'tough guy'/if you don't like it leave/'grey wall' psychology
Incompetence
Denial of any problem

Probably a melange of all the above. At the moment I shake my head in wonder. But soon, I won't care less.

SOPS
1st Jun 2018, 02:48
It is amazing. Speaking to friends in Cathay it is the same. It is almost like EK and CX are managed by the same people.

homoeconomicus
1st Jun 2018, 04:49
It is amazing. Speaking to friends in Cathay it is the same. It is almost like EK and CX are managed by the same people.

well!! We know the historical background of These two places don’t we.

Sir Harry Lauder
3rd Jun 2018, 17:09
Funny, we used to refer to TCT as 'Shrek' in EasyJet due to the uncanny resemblence, just add green paint !

Rated De
4th Jun 2018, 01:42

Not the same people, the same play books.
Being privy to an IATA HR/IR type meeting/conference is really interesting. The various management representatives furiously scribble down notes. One just waits and sure enough these things pop up in the airlines...

The next meeting scheduled in Sydney, 'features' a bunch of workshops on managing the pilot shortage...

Three Wire
4th Jun 2018, 04:19
A long, long time ago, there used to be aplaygroup of HR/OPS people that met informally twice a year to compare notes and playbooks. The airline group included CX, EK, BA, AN (Ansett) and one other.

Sure enough what happened in one would happen within the others within 12 months.