PDA

View Full Version : Florida Flying Schools

alwayzinit
30th May 2018, 13:45
Hi All.
My lad is expressing an interest to join the "ranks".
As a result I would be really grateful for any inputs regarding good or bad experiences with any Florida Schools or Academies.
Please PM if have anything.
Many thanks

stratofactor
7th Jun 2018, 15:29
FlightSafety Academy in Vero Beach. It costs more, but you get what you pay for. Nice aircraft, good maintenance, good facilities, good weather. Google it. Best of luck in all of your son's future endeavors.

UncleRuss
18th Jun 2018, 01:08
I can highly recommend a flight school in Miami called ENDEAVOUR FLIGHT TRAINING. As the Uncle who's paying for a young lady to do what your lad wants to do, I searched long and hard and visited the flight schools on the west coast and the east coast before deciding on this school. I chose this school for size of class (one to one instructor to student training versus some of the large schools that are like pilot factories that don't teach nearly as well as a small shop), aircraft maintenance and safety, and modern fleet of new or near new Cessna 172's with Garmin 1000 nav systems. It's not cheap but no flight school is: US$180 per hour for the plane plus $57 per hour for the instructor. The owners are ex-miitary pilots and VERY focused on the students success. Instructors too are exceptionally focused.
PM me if you want more info.

B-757
18th Jun 2018, 04:12
Hi All.
My lad is expressing an interest to join the "ranks".
As a result I would be really grateful for any inputs regarding good or bad experiences with any Florida Schools or Academies.
Please PM if have anything.
Many thanks
..You should have no problems in finding a good school in Florida..However, do not make any large payments in advance, no matter what..
I know several students who lost their money and got nothing in return..Pay as you go, or small deposits only..Good luck !!

Fly safe,
B-757