30th May 2018, 10:33
Happens again and again, this time lucky outcome:

8HKTWVSdXZw

Momoe
30th May 2018, 10:56
Pass me my brown trousers Hoskins!

treadigraph
30th May 2018, 11:01
Seven years ago that one, thought it looked familiar! Very lucky indeed...!

Genghis the Engineer
30th May 2018, 18:42
Strikes me that he was behind the aeroplane from the moment there was air under the tyres: entering an aerobatic manoeuvre without remembering to raise the gear, and then a steep dive with inadequate height to pull out, and taking the aeroplane fairly heavily into pre-stall wing rock close to the ground as a result probably should have called it a day in the first 10 seconds of the flight.

Lucky? Very given his apparent determination to break the aeroplane.

G

dead_pan
3rd Jun 2018, 06:46
Are we sure this isn't an RC model?? Performance looks a bit sporty for an actual L29 with the gear down

Pilot DAR
3rd Jun 2018, 11:30
If it's a model, it sure has realistic sound! I suspect that sporty performance came at the cost of a margin of safety....

rjtjrt
3rd Jun 2018, 11:50
Looks like a model to me.

rnzoli
3rd Jun 2018, 12:06
This toy definietely exists in full size with same color scheme and registration mark. The event happened back in 2005, during an airshow in Sliac, Slovakia.
https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/full_size_0306/1460240-large.jpg

Concours77
13th Jun 2018, 17:02
Was that a “launch” or a low pass? If a takeoff, the runway must have been four miles long, awful lot of velocity for a TO. Maybe that is what makes the a/c look “sporty”?

Jetscream 32
15th Jun 2018, 15:59
I'm with Genghis, forgot to get gear up and then it all goes wrong as none of the limited performance that he was expecting was there..... very much a "close enough" continue with the manoeuvre - it almost bit him / her!

IcePaq
24th Jun 2018, 20:49
Saved by ground effect?

givdrvr
27th Jun 2018, 00:24
Not an RC model..here is the another vid of the OM-JET taxiing out
​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuQ1hlWAT8

Runaway Gun
27th Jun 2018, 09:10
Was the pilot making this routine up as he went along? Pull up off the deck (gear down), bit of a roll, then a half roll and pull through. There was never going to be enough air...

flash8
5th Aug 2018, 23:14
The huge problem is the barrier to entry is so low.

Around 2007 I was going to buy a 1/10 share in an L-29 (dirt cheap) in the UK, monthly costs were in the hundreds, can't recall the per hour but it was entirely manageable. Back then they only required a PPL with something like 200TT SEP... very low requirements and a few hours or so conversion on type.

In the end I decided I simply didn't think I'd have the aptitude (and this was with a CPL/IR and 737 time) and wouldn't actually be moving back to the UK, didn't want to end up in a smokey hole also, and gave it a miss. But it always struck me as scary how little was required.

I'd hate to think the same for the L-39 which would probably be a serious handful on par with the Hawk.

Dan Winterland
6th Aug 2018, 04:25
Unsafe routine with too many threats. Lots of wing rock in the pull out, he was at max alpha and very lucky to survive this.