PDA

View Full Version : GCAA Licence verification letter subtle change

Fileasfog
24th May 2018, 18:19
Dear All,

We are two Friends skippers on the A380 in the process of leaving after 9 years in EK, the roster's bucket and the others are full.
We just want to give everybody in the same situation heads up. Very recently the GCAA has removed the mention of no incident/accident statement from their Licence verification letter.
It looks like nothing but most of the foreign authorities when validating work permits and licence conversion are very picky about it. It creates headaches to our agencies and we don't know yet how they would deal with it. GCAA has been very clear no more statement, check with your employer.
The no incident/accident certificate is now, guess what ? delivered on a letter by Emirates airline on your last day of service. At the moment there are discussion with the local administration whether or not they would accept it.
So everything is on hold, resignation sent but everything on standby ....
Has it been done on purpose to slow down the process of leaving ? We thought it was just a job when we join, we were wrong on that once again.
Just another brick in the jail Wall.

777-200LR
24th May 2018, 19:40
Thanks for the heads up! There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that will slow down resignations. Some guys are still leaving with no job secured at the other end. It will come down to whether or not the resigned would want to risk it, but seeing as the other option is to remain, I doubt it will matter once the bucket is full

fatbus
24th May 2018, 20:16
Thanks for the heads up!

RK Blue sky
25th May 2018, 01:09
Some airlines require a No Accident Letter but I would offer a lot Airlines do Not require one as well.
When my friend interviewed in Japan he mentioned the GCAA/EK dilemma and the Agency said we know EK doesn’t play ball. We’ll make it work.

gtaflyer
25th May 2018, 06:52
Not shocked at all of airline/gcaa one entity monster .....many more things to come, The EK titanic going going....

gtaflyer
25th May 2018, 09:04
I said it before and I’ll say it again you have to cut your losses guys go for the worse of alternative evils.

Yes it probably means you have to leave Middle East without a job
yes most likely all your old licenses back home will have expired ratings
You will maybe need fork out few thousand euros to validate OPC and ratings
most likely you will have no current narrow body recency for 90 % of jobs having flown widebody ME3
yes you need give the other half bad news that things are not working out
yes need to pull kids out from school

all this is daunting to execute plan B but think of it another way, in years to come you will be sitting in a better airline with no stress and thinking why you not done it sooner.why delay postponing the inevitable. The grass is greener on the other side fence but it’s an empty plot at moment waiting to be landscaped to your own specification and that choice is a no brainer.

givemewings
25th May 2018, 13:37
Plus you don't have to bulldoze said landscape to nothing if you move on elsewhere... :E