PDA

View Full Version : Where Has It Gone?

Wander00
24th May 2018, 09:27
Where has it gone, the thread about the 24 April TSB, sorry PPruNe site "update"? So how can we leave feedback. In my experience it is pretty much as bad as it was on Day 1. Slow, clunky, of all the forums I use based on the same platform this is without doubt the slowest to load, and the least user friendly, at least on W7. Pages can take MINUTES to load, then disappear because "windows has experienced a problem" an issue I seldom get with any other site. It leave out chunks of typing when replying to posts, as it just did above and I had to retype.

We are not all computer experts, some are not hugely computer savvy, but up to a month ago it worked for all of us. Can the mods or whoever please either go back to where we were a month ago, or get this platform fixed. I enjoy the content, when I eventually get to it, but not the user experience.

Rant over....for now

Wander00
24th May 2018, 09:29
And can mods please replace the "e" at the end of "where" in the title, that dropped off between typing and posting. Thanks

thegypsy
24th May 2018, 09:40
W00 Can you not edit your first post and add the e yourself or is that facility no longer available?

Pontius Navigator
24th May 2018, 09:41
Works very well on my Kindle. Only omission. I find is a direct route back to Pprune Home.

MPN11
24th May 2018, 10:18
If you think this is bad, try Internet Brands' parallel site, flyertalk. IBobi is the Administrator for both.

Their current 53-page (!!) 'rant thread' is at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1900802-feedback-ft-new-style-march-2018-a.html

thunderbird7
24th May 2018, 11:16
Its all the ads trying to load. Almost as bad as some local newspaper websites that I have given up using...

NutLoose
24th May 2018, 11:21
Are you on pprune NG? very bottom left corner, I do not get any ads

WE Branch Fanatic
24th May 2018, 16:12
Some of us have cause to check PPRuNe when out and about, without logging in. Infinite scroll makes it hard to use, and it must be the same for guests on the site = less page clicks = less advertising revenue?

Lots of unhappy people on Jet Blast: New Look PPRuNe pages (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/608173-new-look-pprune-pages.html)

MPN11
24th May 2018, 18:22
On iPad, the bloody roll-over Ads generate loads of clicks!!

Conspiracy theory 1.02

T28B
24th May 2018, 18:40
And can mods please replace the "e" at the end of "where" in the title, that dropped off between typing and posting. Thanks
Done as requested. :) As to the official feedback thread, I hadn't noticed it (the sticky post) missing until you mentioned it.
FWIW, some of the JB denizens have begun an informal thread on the topic (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/608173-new-look-pprune-pages.html?highlight=feedback), if you want your latest concerns retained for posterity ... (as WEBF previously noted)

PPRuNe Towers
24th May 2018, 19:41
MNP spend a minute in the Advertise section within the yellow bar.

Clicks don't earn revenue - we're not interested and never have been ever.

It's a straight sale of space in view.

Rob

MightyGem
24th May 2018, 20:03
Infinite scroll makes it hard to use,

You can disable the infinite scroll by going to your User Control Panel>Edit Options>Thread Display Options and turn it off.

Rigga
24th May 2018, 20:30
Somethimes its worth typing it all out in Word and then just paste it into Pprune

MPN11
25th May 2018, 07:56
MNP spend a minute in the Advertise section within the yellow bar.
Clicks don't earn revenue - we're not interested and never have been ever.
It's a straight sale of space in view.
RobThans for that. I did say it was a conspiracy theory ... glad to have it disproved!

Wander00
25th May 2018, 09:10
Sorry, posters cannot amend headings, only text. T28 - thanks

4 minutes to load the page and almost as long to load the post!

AndoniP
25th May 2018, 13:34
it's murder behind a corporate proxy, the browser ends up crashing because of the time it takes to scan and analyse all the adverts that plague each page.

Davita
25th May 2018, 13:44
What seems to be the problem...I click on my Faves 'PPRuNe' and instantly get everything I ever saw before. Please don't tell me I'm living in the jungle in Bali and still getting excellent internet and those in the jungle of London don't ...Whaeey!

WE Branch Fanatic
26th May 2018, 09:17
You can disable the infinite scroll by going to your User Control Panel>Edit Options>Thread Display Options and turn it off.

I was talking about when not logged in, as visitors often are.

The site does seem harder to use, but that might be due to my old computer and slow connection. It also no longer seems to work with Opera Mini....

Percy Cute
26th May 2018, 10:55
Use an ad blocker. I have feeble 'broad' band but new pprune is fine on aged computer (with chromium) and on android phone.