PDA

View Full Version : New Easy BFS Routes ?

Puma Driver
24th Jul 2002, 18:58
I heard a rumour that Easyjet are to start BFS - Gatwick 4 times a day in September, and a daily Paris service, does anyboby have any info !

Buster the Bear
24th Jul 2002, 19:18
Seems a little short notice. Slots at Gatwick are rather rare.

Flightrider
24th Jul 2002, 20:44
But not rare enough. They have been collecting extra slots under the guise of other routes including Paris, Liverpool etc. Puma Driver might just be right.

Puma Driver
4th Aug 2002, 16:27
Have spoken to a source inside BFS, they are preparing to open a new executive lounge, and are expecting a lot of business men to travel to Gatwick.

Seems Gatwick is on the cards after all. Trouble on the horizon for Flybe?.

corsaman
4th Aug 2002, 18:03
from the sounds of it, route expansion ex-BFS isn't likely for a few months, as the acquisition of GO is taking up most of everyone's time - the exec. lounge is to be opened pretty soon by the Fitzwilliam Hotel, to serve all low-cost travellers and anyone else interested. The artists impressions look great. I'm sure there are plenty of wouldbe CDG and LGW pax out there for EZY, but I just don't think there are the a/c and crews at BFS at present; hope it isn't long coming.

Buster the Bear
4th Aug 2002, 19:41
Speculation now, easy move the ex Go Stansted-Belfast to Gatwick so as not to directly compete with the Luton operation. Rumour has it that both the services to Belfast from Luton and Stansted were not making much money for either company.

nef
4th Aug 2002, 20:03
I don't know about Gatwick, but easyJet stated recently that they are looking at flights from Glasgow to Paris, so Belfast may be considered to.