PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Front Range Flight Schools

barble
23rd May 2018, 18:39
I am looking at Part 141 flight schools along the Colorado Front Range. Does anyone have any input regarding schools in Colorado's Front Range, i.e; Aims Community College, McAir, etc... Now's your chance to let some people know about your flight training, (good or bad).

340drvr
24th May 2018, 11:27
No personal training experience, but I've heard good things about McAir from former students.
A few things to consider in your search:
Obviously, the closer to home a flight school is, the easier it will be for you to schedule lessons. I see you've listed Ft. Collins in your profile, for me, a drive clear to the south side of Denver, Centennial or Front Range, would be way too far and a no-go. Even a drive from Ft. Collins to Broomfield is a fair amount of time. As you mentioned, several choices nearby anyway.
Another factor, at busier airports, though valuable experience, you'll spend more expensive time waiting/taxiing on the ground. Not too bad at Ft. Collins or Greeley, Rocky Mt. Metro is perhaps medium, and Centennial can get extremely busy and crowded.
You've probably already figured it out, but a visit to any of the flight schools in consideration will give you a better feel for whether they'll be a good fit for you or not. Do you like the aircraft they have? Do you have a good feeling about the overall atmosphere of the facility and personnel? Can they fit well with your scheduling needs?
Good luck in your search.