PDA

View Full Version : ATPL appeal

Pablitos
23rd May 2018, 08:16
Morning all.

In my last Instrumentation exam I got 73% (so I failed just for 1 question). There was a question about the function of an "asynchroscope in a twin-engine aircraft" so my idea was to appeal because it doesn't exist in the learning objectives any "asynchroscope" so it could lead to misunderstanding and confusion. Anyone could give me any tip about the appealing process I would really appreciate that and most important thing is...do you think is there any chance to win it?

Thanks in advance.

Piloto Maluco
23rd May 2018, 23:41
Man,

I hope you've burned your exam by not thinking that it could have been just a mistyping from your CAA; like they just forgot a the space between "a" and "synchroscope" which results "a synchroscope"

Flyfede80
24th May 2018, 05:59
Pablitos...you must appeal during the exams process, if you have any doubt about questions...not some days ago...did you signal this issue during the exam?in written form?

jamesgrainge
24th May 2018, 07:32
Am I being harsh in thinking that regardless of one question, there was 25% of the exam the OP did not know. As much as I hate the ATPL syllabus for its irrelevance, one question wouldn't matter if you know 90% of the topic.

Officer Kite
24th May 2018, 09:06
Am I being harsh in thinking that regardless of one question, there was 25% of the exam the OP did not know. As much as I hate the ATPL syllabus for its irrelevance, one question wouldn't matter if you know 90% of the topic.

im inclined to disagree, because otherwise then they should just raise the pass mark to 90% if that is the case. If the pass mark is set at 75% then it's unfair and illogical to say 'tough, you should have known the other 25% anyway' to the op. Especially considering the deviant nature of the examinations and questions.

parkfell
24th May 2018, 09:18
A Groundschool provider is probably best placed to say whether this appeal has any merit?

Alex Whittingham
24th May 2018, 11:39
We will appeal it, but don't hold your breath. Certainly there is no such thing as an asynchroscope in the LOs but they may argue that a 'scope' that indicates 'asynchronicity' is the same thing as a scope that indicates 'synchronicity'.