PDA

View Full Version : Contacts? Renting a big turboprop

Genghis the Engineer
22nd May 2018, 17:54
I'm after "borrowing" a big turboprop for a few hours. Basically a research project where I want to ground run the aeroplane in the first instance and measure emissions. It may then run to a few hours flying with an instrumented research aircraft behind them, but not in the short term.

Right now, I'm trying to establish who/what is available, and what it would cost me - ideally in the Saab 2000 / ATR72 / C130 scale, in England for preference, so basically (an) aircraft based somewhere at an airport we can go and get kit set up. Most likely I can fit into slots when the aircraft's not doing any other remunerated work.

Can anybody suggest any useful contacts or point me at what might be available around the bazaars?

G

N.B. If you prefer to contact me direct, my mailbox is permanently full, but boffin at engineer dot com will reach me.

Genghis the Engineer
22nd May 2018, 17:59
Unfortunately they've been rather uncommunicative - they were my first choice to be honest, and I've rather run out of personal contacts, hence asking here.

Actually Scotland is okay - but the research kit is all England based, so it's a better fit if I can find somebody down here.

G

tescoapp
22nd May 2018, 18:54
I presume you have tried the RAF?

Marshals in Cambridge might have something in that requires engine runs.

Flybe. Eastern, blue islands in the channel islands,

​​​​​​

Sammyh
23rd May 2018, 12:02
West Atlantic cargo airlines may be worth a try. They have a fleet of British aerospace ATP’s and are based at East Midlands.