PDA

View Full Version : TECHNICAL REPORT Facts regarding the crash of the TU-154M No. 101, (Fight PLF101)

RR_NDB
22nd May 2018, 02:05
http://niezalezna.pl/data/TECHNICAL_REPORT.pdf

RAD_ALT_ALIVE
22nd May 2018, 09:10
An amazing read. I can't wait to read the Russian reaction to this report. It is fascinating to get a little insight into the detail that investigators go to in order to determine the facts. Thanks RR.

Heathrow Harry
22nd May 2018, 10:28
We've been through this several times -you can either believe a vast conspiracy or that the pilot was under serious pressure from his boss's, boss, boss, boss to make the approach in dreadful conditions

William of Occam should be our guide here

atakacs
22nd May 2018, 10:33
So we are either to believe that the pilot tried to force a landing below minimums or that the Russians bombed the plane ? If so to what end ??
I have no idea what happened there but unless some neutral third party gets involved (assuming such a thing can be arranged) it will be hard to form an opinion.

CargoOne
22nd May 2018, 14:23
It is rather easy to form an option:
1) how many times presidential aircraft was bombed in the last 20 years?
2) how many times there was a CFIT in last 20 years caused by any kind of factor, let alone busting minimas under pressure?

Golf-Sierra
22nd May 2018, 14:34
So how did the Russians arrange the fog on that day?

Kulverstukas
22nd May 2018, 15:08
So how did the Russians arrange the fog on that day?
Il-76 full of liquid helium. Strange that you asking, it's common knowledge since 2010. :ugh:

ATC Watcher
22nd May 2018, 16:21
how many times presidential aircraft was bombed in the last 20 years?
In fact quite a few in the last 50 years , the last one being the Rwanda President in 1994. (which started the Tustsi genocide )

At first I thought this" technical report" was a fake made up by Polish nationalists that still cannot accept the accident, but it looks made by professionals from inside the "normal" Polish Investigation bureau. But it is still a report made by a so called " re-investigation committee," meaning it is not the official report . Am I correct to assume ?

Airbanda
22nd May 2018, 16:28
In fact quite a few in the last 50 years , the last one being the Rwanda President in 1994. (which started the Tustsi genocide )

At first I thought this" technical report" was a fake made up by Polish nationalists that still cannot accept the accident, but it looks made by professionals from inside the "normal" Polish Investigation bureau. But it is still a report made by a so called " re-investigation committee," meaning it is not the official report . Am I correct to assume ?

Wikipedia is a not a source but is usually a good primer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Polish_Air_Force_Tu-154_crash#Polish_parliamentary_committee_investigation

It's a political job but with an official stamp. Actually quite frightening - this is how wars start.

CargoOne
22nd May 2018, 16:33

I remember as well Samora Machel crash althouth it was not a bombing as such but hey Occam’s razor favors CFIT scenario by far. Why anyone goes into details at the time when (seemingly) everyone concur the plane was below rwy level prior to attempted go around..

This report refers an old 707 incident with youtube video (!) as a proof of something but hey the only common thing between 707 and 154 is that they were built like a brick but otherwise 154 is unforgiving plane.

robdean
22nd May 2018, 19:10
I began reading this under the impression that I was embarking on another technical accident analysis like the innumerable others I have read. It only dawned on me incrementally quite what an absurd confection of tin-foil-hat nonsense this purported 'report' in fact is.

Nemrytter
22nd May 2018, 20:19
I recently reviewed an academic paper based, as far as I can see from the author list and contents, upon this report. It was by a considerable margin the least scientific paper I've ever read, to the extent it was offensive that it'd even been sent out for expert review.
Funnily enough - I presume because of the political dimension - it had 9 other reviewing it too (2 or 3 others is typical). All rejected the paper as unscientific. This type of nonsense has no place in professional aviation, including PPRuNe.

PPRuNe Towers
22nd May 2018, 21:03
The same attitudes destroyed the original main thread on the accident as well. Very, very tribal and extremely bitter.

Rob