PDA

View Full Version : A320 Emer Evac Procedure

IFLY_INDIGO
20th May 2018, 17:26
I would like to know your view on this:

Is Emer Evac Procedure to be carried out as challenge-response checklist? PM reads the challenge part and PF responds with action part?

dweeks
20th May 2018, 17:50
I would like to know your view on this:

Is Emer Evac Procedure to be carried out as challenge-response checklist? PM reads the challenge part and PF responds with action part?

My carrier recently changed from each pilot does his own Emerg Evac items, to the FO reads and Captain does.

vilas
20th May 2018, 18:50
Airbus procedure is for the CM2 to carry out the ECAM and EVAC paper procedure on his own without confirming till EVAC REQUIRED. CM1 only evaluates the evacuation decision. The reason is it is possible that ATC is giving some valuable information regarding the fire or the fire chief may be trying to talk to the captain. If both pilots are involved in the EVAC procedure then it may delay the execution and evacuation. A few airlines require both to involve in the procedure.

IFLY_INDIGO
21st May 2018, 04:36
I also feel, it should be treated as other QRH procedures which are carried out by PM alone, except the final EVAC decision.

vilas
21st May 2018, 17:09
Lockheed 1011 Riyadh accident the pilot landed the aircraft back but the inordinate delay in evacuation caused the deaths of 284 Passengers and 14 crew. They all died of asphyxiation. So the manufacturer's procedure leaves the CM1alone to gather whatever information he needs for EVAC decision and CM2 deals with the procedure by himself.

IFLY_INDIGO
22nd May 2018, 01:48
Lockheed 1011 Riyadh accident the pilot landed the aircraft back but the inordinate delay in evacuation caused the deaths of 284 Passengers and 14 crew. They all died of asphyxiation. So the manufacturer's procedure leaves the CM1alone to gather whatever information he needs for EVAC decision and CM2 deals with the procedure by himself.
thanks for sharing this..

ACMS
22nd May 2018, 01:57
We do the same as Villas says above.

FlightDetent
23rd May 2018, 12:58
juliet: In a broad sense, everything is airline specific :E

This specific procedure should be done exactly as the manufacturer says. The SIC reads and executes, the CMDR builds the decision in the mean time.