PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand ATR selection process and tech exam

PPSS
19th May 2018, 05:53
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can throw some light on the selection process of ATR Turboprop fleet of Air NZ? Also any input on the technical questions?

mattyj
19th May 2018, 06:56
Normally you don’t get to choose which type you end up on..ATR or Q300. Obviously you get to express your preference in the interview process. If you already have an ATR rating that might change things but I’d never put it past the HR boffins to put you on the Q300 anyway

PPSS
19th May 2018, 06:58
Normally you don’t get to choose which type you end up on..ATR or Q300. Obviously you get to express your preference in the interview process. If you already have an ATR rating that might change things but I’d never put it past the HR boffins to put you on the Q300 anyway
Are you saying I should go for Q300? (I am rated on 72 500 with hours on type)

empacher48
19th May 2018, 08:22
If you have ATR time, then knowing AirNZ HR you’ll end up on the Q300.. :rolleyes:

PPSS
19th May 2018, 15:00
If you have ATR time, then knowing AirNZ HR you’ll end up on the Q300.. :rolleyes:
Haha really!! wow ... but why so?

ElZilcho
19th May 2018, 19:27
Haha really!! wow ... but why so?

No real reason, it’s just possible... bust mostly the other posters are having a laugh. If there are no vacancies on the ATR you’d find yourself on the Q300 but dare I say that’s highly unlikely.

You need 1000 hours on type for an ATR Command at Mt Cook, and they’re desperately short in the LHS. So while it’s possible you’ll get the Q300, it’s more likely you’ll find yourself in the ATR.

PPSS
20th May 2018, 03:36
No real reason, it’s just possible... bust mostly the other posters are having a laugh. If there are no vacancies on the ATR you’d find yourself on the Q300 but dare I say that’s highly unlikely.

You need 1000 hours on type for an ATR Command at Mt Cook, and they’re desperately short in the LHS. So while it’s possible you’ll get the Q300, it’s more likely you’ll find yourself in the ATR.
thanks that's good to know...But is there any info on the selection process etc... Also there is a technical exam. Any idea where I can find useful question bank for that?