PDA

View Full Version : ME-IR revalidation.

Mlambin
16th May 2018, 07:37
Hey guys,

Not sure I'm in the right sub-forum for my inquiry.

I need to revalidate my ME-IR and would like to find the law about it.

Last year I did it in the SIM to save money hoping to find a job. I found the job but I didn't start the TR yet so I will have to unfortunately revalidate at my own cost.

Thanks for your help.

rudestuff
16th May 2018, 07:46
It's got to be in the aircraft this year then. It needs to be valid on the day you start your type rating course, but you can let it lapse after that.

VinRouge
16th May 2018, 08:02
Assuming you are an EASA licence holder:

Part FCL 625(C).

FCL.625.A IR(A) — Revalidation
(a) Revalidation. Applicants for the revalidation of an IR(A):
(1) when combined with the revalidation of a class or type rating, shall pass a proficiency check
in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part;
(2) when not combined with the revalidation of a class or type rating, shall:
(i) for single-pilot aeroplanes, complete section 3b and those parts of section 1
relevant to the intended flight, of the proficiency check prescribed in Appendix 9 to
this Part; and
(ii) for multi-engine aeroplanes, complete section 6 of the proficiency check for single-
pilot aeroplanes in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part by sole reference to
instruments.
(3) An FNPT II or an FFS representing the relevant class or type of aeroplane may be used in
the case of paragraph (2), but at least each alternate proficiency check for the revalidation of
an IR(A) in these circumstances shall be performed in an aeroplane.
(b) Cross-credit shall be given in accordance with Appendix 8 to this Part.

Bottom line, speak to your new employer. Depending on your experience levels and ops department policy, you MAY be able to start with a lapsed IR. You will be getting one as part of your Type ratings anyhow I expect, some will be flexible to this. Others will insist you have an in date IR. Explain the situation to them, tell them you have no problem renewing, but ask if it's essential to start your training. Will save you a few Bob if you get a positive response.

Mlambin
16th May 2018, 09:54
Assuming you are an EASA licence holder:

Part FCL 625(C).

FCL.625.A IR(A) — Revalidation
(a) Revalidation. Applicants for the revalidation of an IR(A):
(1) when combined with the revalidation of a class or type rating, shall pass a proficiency check
in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part;
(2) when not combined with the revalidation of a class or type rating, shall:
(i) for single-pilot aeroplanes, complete section 3b and those parts of section 1
relevant to the intended flight, of the proficiency check prescribed in Appendix 9 to
this Part; and
(ii) for multi-engine aeroplanes, complete section 6 of the proficiency check for single-
pilot aeroplanes in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part by sole reference to
instruments.
(3) An FNPT II or an FFS representing the relevant class or type of aeroplane may be used in
the case of paragraph (2), but at least each alternate proficiency check for the revalidation of
an IR(A) in these circumstances shall be performed in an aeroplane.
(b) Cross-credit shall be given in accordance with Appendix 8 to this Part.

Bottom line, speak to your new employer. Depending on your experience levels and ops department policy, you MAY be able to start with a lapsed IR. You will be getting one as part of your Type ratings anyhow I expect, some will be flexible to this. Others will insist you have an in date IR. Explain the situation to them, tell them you have no problem renewing, but ask if it's essential to start your training. Will save you a few Bob if you get a positive response.

Thanks for the info ! Will have a look at the official document. I believe my chool will ask me to do 2 hours before the proficiency check but it cost money !

Asking the airline is a good idea if they answer. I haven't really received news since I succeed the interview.

plikee
17th May 2018, 17:24
It's got to be in the aircraft this year then. It needs to be valid on the day you start your type rating course, but you can let it lapse after that.

x2.

Assuming you're under EASA, no airline accepts you with your MEIR expired when you start the type rating, it's a regulatory requirement that it MUST be valid on day 1 of your type rating. You might get away with other stuff ie. ICAO English expired but not the MEIR. You must to it on the aircraft this year so you need to revalidate your MEP as well. Hope this helps