PDA

View Full Version : Primera Air 737

mdouble
11th May 2018, 06:19
Hi fellows,

I'm looking for someone who may introduce me a little bit in details of working in Primera. I found a topic regarding terms and conditions there but it concerns mostly long-hauls and airbus fleet.

I am an officer, over 2300h on 737, 3,5y experienced in some other Eastern Europe charter company. Roster here is quite demanding with many nights in a row. It will also take some time to upgrade, so as market is growing up I am looking for some new adventure and possibility to develop myself. I have also heard good words about Primera.

May anyone describe typical day on 737 from any base (I prefer to be based in Denmark, although it seems to be very expensive)? I wonder if there are many night flights, layovers, etc. How is the atmosphere? Would you recommend it?

I would be really interested in upgrade as well. Does any of you have good experience with fast track to the left seat or is it just marketing? In my current company most probably it will take another 1,5 year to complete flight hours, assessment and eventually commander course.

I will really appreciate any information and your own experience.

Regards,
M.

fulminn
11th May 2018, 07:04
I’l never stop asking myself why people talk about command upgrade like if you are upgrading your audio system in your car..ex p2f?

Newcomer2
11th May 2018, 07:10
Sorry but the upgrade to the left seat is not a race. It's about experience and aptitude. You may have the aptitude, but if your whole experience is just 3.5 year in a cockpit and you think another 1.5 year is too long to wait, then I don't know what to say...

mdouble
11th May 2018, 11:28
Right, I simplified it little bit. Basically my company works in specific way, future is uncertain and it's not the place I see myself in few years regardless from which seat. Hopefully Primera looks interesting, but I have never been to Denmark and I don't know anyone in it. That's why I asked.

Nevertheless, I don't want to make off topic, but people are upgrading like crazy in Ryanair, Norwegian etc. and that's ok. If I flew on turboprops before and maybe just few years on 737 that's a crime to look for development.

peace!