View Full Version : Brazilian CPL moving to Australia

matheuspilot
9th May 2018, 20:32
Brazilian moving to OZ
Hey guys....I’m a Brazilian with roughly 1000 hrs (400 M.E - Piper Seneca) (400 Cirrus SR22) (20 PC12NG).

I’ve lived in Sydney between may/16 to dec/17 attending my English Course and during this time I met my girlfriend (she’s aussie).

So after Christmas I came back to Brazil to see my family and to renew my license (CPL ME IR). I’m heading back to Sydney next month with a Partner Visa (de facto) wich will give rights to work.

I know the converting process is not easy but I’m ready for this....some mate could tell me roughly how long time it’s gonna take till my FULL CPL ME IR and ATPL subjects ?

With my previous experience wich kind of jobs could I get? CASA will recognise my experience on these 3 planes (seneca, cirrus and Pc12) ?
PS: Of course I’m not just looking for jobs in NSW

thanks in advance

matheuspilot
10th May 2018, 22:18
My ELP is level 5 right now...and I saw some jobs like Virgin Australia asking for level 6.
Is it a problem for me to get a job with level 5?

Global Aviator
11th May 2018, 01:56
There are a brazillion options at the moment. Get the license conversion, get the right to work in Oz. Have fun.

ELP no idea, just do it again?

Bend alot
13th May 2018, 04:35
Do you have your Partner Visa yet or are you applying when you get back to Sydney?

Ixixly
13th May 2018, 08:12
There are a brazillion options at the moment. Get the license conversion, get the right to work in Oz. Have fun.

ELP no idea, just do it again?

Hahaha, that's gold there :D

matheuspilot
13th May 2018, 15:57
Do you have your Partner Visa yet or are you applying when you get back to Sydney?

I’m applying in June, but once applied they’ll put me on the bridging visa wich gives me full rights.
Anyway it’s gonna take time till get my CPL ME IR converted.

Will the operators/CASA recognise my previous experience? Or after the license is converted CASA will only consider me like a fresh CPL?

Bend alot
14th May 2018, 08:25
I’m applying in June, but once applied they’ll put me on the bridging visa wich gives me full rights.
Anyway it’s gonna take time till get my CPL ME IR converted.

Will the operators/CASA recognise my previous experience? Or after the license is converted CASA will only consider me like a fresh CPL?

Previous is recognised from ICAO member countries by CASA - depends on the operators what they want to make of your past experience.

Are you on top of a 820 Partner Visa application for a de facto couple? I know a lot about this and there are a few traps such as GTE and living apart (if your partner is not currently with you), also the 12 in 18 rule to get back onshore.

If you have a visa that allows you to apply for a Partner Visa onshore (820) then after you apply for the 820, you will be granted a Bridging Visa A. But this visa that has work rights will not come into effect until the visa you entered on expires - only then can you work.

The 820's are taking almost 2 years to process currently in most cases and the Bridging Visa A has no travel rights, so you if needed apply for a Bridging Visa B to go offshore to any other country until the 820 is granted.

** Under no circumstances state you want a Visitor Visa to get onshore to apply for a Partner Visa - they do and should be refused if that is the reason given as it does not meet the GTE requirement.

If you want any info on this stuff PM me will point you in the right direction.

matheuspilot
14th May 2018, 12:46
Previous is recognised from ICAO member countries by CASA - depends on the operators what they want to make of your past experience.

Are you on top of a 820 Partner Visa application for a de facto couple? I know a lot about this and there are a few traps such as GTE and living apart (if your partner is not currently with you), also the 12 in 18 rule to get back onshore.

If you have a visa that allows you to apply for a Partner Visa onshore (820) then after you apply for the 820, you will be granted a Bridging Visa A. But this visa that has work rights will not come into effect until the visa you entered on expires - only then can you work.

The 820's are taking almost 2 years to process currently in most cases and the Bridging Visa A has no travel rights, so you if needed apply for a Bridging Visa B to go offshore to any other country until the 820 is granted.

** Under no circumstances state you want a Visitor Visa to get onshore to apply for a Partner Visa - they do and should be refused if that is the reason given as it does not meet the GTE requirement.

If you want any info on this stuff PM me will point you in the right direction.

thanks mate
Just sent a pm for you