PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have any insight on airport management careers?

ADV Ducky
9th May 2018, 20:26
I am 30 years old, going back to college to get my degree with my GI Bill. I will be attending San Jose State University, which has a great Aviation program. I have a passion for all things aviation; I made it as far as my solo before leaving for Air Force basic training, I did ICBM maintenance on Active Duty, and was a Boom Operator in the reserves. And with that, I would love to have a career that puts me around airplanes in some fashion.

After graduating, I will be moving to the Sacramento area, which has a few airports, and what seems to be a decent numbers of job openings for various airport management careers. But I don't know how to find out what these jobs really entail, if they're enjoyable, if the pay is decent, etc. For what it's worth, I'm leaving a job in construction management (currently building a new terminal at SFO), so I have project management experience, even if not directly related to running an airport. I was hoping that someone on this site who works in this field could give me a breakdown of the kind of work they do, day to day responsibilities and challenges, how much they travel, is there room for advancement, how do I get my foot in the door, etc etc.