PDA

View Full Version : Stage 3 assessment at Oxford Aviation Academy ( CAE )

Minotaur12
8th May 2018, 06:46
Good morning all!
Ok so I'm delighted to announce I successfully passed the stage 2 assessment at Oxford, since returned to work again till this project I am on finishes, and consequently rebooked for stage 3 assessment and medical within the same week. So, so far as I know its a group exercise and interview on the last day?

Please can anyone give me a list of topics for the group exercise?

Questions they may ask in the interview?

Do I need to brush up on maths / physics / hand - eye co-ordination stuff?

Or will it literally be a quick group exercise and interview?

Anything else to expect?

Many thanks

crip1808
9th May 2018, 08:12
Hi,

I did my Stage 3 interview about 2 months ago. First off, you have a 30 minute presentation about the course, what it entails and detailed explanations of the routes available. After this, we had out first group exercise. With limited equipment, we had to design a tunnel / tube for a ping pong ball to travel in with certain stipulations eg. it must stop at the end, there must be a curve in the tunnel and it must go down hill. 10 mins to plan and 10 mins to build. The outcome is almost irrelevant, more about teamwork, leadership, balanced views, time-keeping.

Next was my interview. Roughly an hour long, interviewed by one lady from easyJet. Lots of general questions to start with, then some questions that required examples and detailed explanations such as what are easyJet's core values, talk about a time where you dealt with conflict, name a time you showed good leadership. They are all quite open questions and she said they aren't looking for aviation specific answers speficially.

Finally another group task which was 20 mins. It was to find the best route to travel in a car from A to B with lots of obstacles and things to think of. As before, think about leadership, hearing other opinions, including the whole team, clear communication.

There is lots of waiting around but there are plenty of people to talk to. Make sure you have good knowledge of the airline, work well within a team and you wont go far wrong!

Minotaur12
10th May 2018, 21:18
Hi,

I did my Stage 3 interview about 2 months ago. First off, you have a 30 minute presentation about the course, what it entails and detailed explanations of the routes available. After this, we had out first group exercise. With limited equipment, we had to design a tunnel / tube for a ping pong ball to travel in with certain stipulations eg. it must stop at the end, there must be a curve in the tunnel and it must go down hill. 10 mins to plan and 10 mins to build. The outcome is almost irrelevant, more about teamwork, leadership, balanced views, time-keeping.

Next was my interview. Roughly an hour long, interviewed by one lady from easyJet. Lots of general questions to start with, then some questions that required examples and detailed explanations such as what are easyJet's core values, talk about a time where you dealt with conflict, name a time you showed good leadership. They are all quite open questions and she said they aren't looking for aviation specific answers speficially.

Finally another group task which was 20 mins. It was to find the best route to travel in a car from A to B with lots of obstacles and things to think of. As before, think about leadership, hearing other opinions, including the whole team, clear communication.

There is lots of waiting around but there are plenty of people to talk to. Make sure you have good knowledge of the airline, work well within a team and you wont go far wrong!

thanks ever so much for your response!! Am i right in assuming its an EasyJet specific test? Im going for the generic integrated ATPL.

So to clarify, I needn't brush up on maths, physics hand eye stuff no?

crip1808
10th May 2018, 22:09
thanks ever so much for your response!! Am i right in assuming its an EasyJet specific test? Im going for the generic integrated ATPL.

So to clarify, I needn't brush up on maths, physics hand eye stuff no?

Apologies, I didn't realise it wasn't the easyJet specific course. So I'm guessing your Stage 3 will be slightly different. I did also get asked questions such as career aspirations, why CAE etc. And to clarify, as far as I am aware no need to brush up on maths and physics, but considering I did a slightly different Stage 3, I would look to get more accurate information from someone that has. Furthermore, I did receive an email with instructions on what to expect during Stage 3 from CAE, but again that was easyJet specific. Hope that helps a little bit.