PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear BA £1.30 per share

RVR800
24th Jul 2002, 09:07
Time to go bottom fishing?

FlapsOne
24th Jul 2002, 15:59
So what?

Every share in the book is down.............read the newspapers!

FL390
24th Jul 2002, 16:18
I've bought myself a few hundred shares now! A bargain if you ask me.:)

In trim
24th Jul 2002, 19:50
A bargain, unless BA's grand plan to overcome their high staff costs etc. is to go bankrupt and re-emerge as a new company....as with Swissair and Sabena.

If that's the plan then Rod's right on track!

Flightrider
24th Jul 2002, 20:40
At that sort of price, it is almost worthwhile someone launching a take-over bid. That is, if you're nutty enough to think that there's still something worth buying.

Does anyone know how much they have spent to buy seven daily LHR slots off SN Brussels Airlines, and, in particular, what this means for the remaining LGW long-haul operations? Their recent slot acquisitions at LHR have been used (directly or indirectly) to move long-hauls from LGW so it is not rocket science to conclude that further LHR slot purchases will mean less LGW long-haul operations.

Bigpants
25th Jul 2002, 17:31
I doubt if it is BA's grand plan to go bust just to shake off high staffing levels/cost.

But....there is the chance of a return of that infamous 1970s phenomenon the Asset Stripper! Not seen for many years, even paradied by Hollywood, but something along those lines might well view BA as a target for takeover.

Having grabbed the company watch out for the transfer of assets and cash before announcing the company has gone into receivership. Staff are then paid off at minimum legal cost etc etc. Danny De Vito look-alike walks off with the loot!
Regards BP

Smokie
26th Jul 2002, 12:19
Bigpants,

Sounds ominously like the tactics of a well known Airline based in the west country !:eek: :eek: