seems it happened yesterday😳

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxkZ0bb6PU

BOBAKAT
7th May 2018, 12:55
One more "line pilot"....

Jhieminga
7th May 2018, 14:29
From another source (in Dutch):
The helicopter was carrying the bride to a wedding ceremony. Several people were lightly injured, the bride was unharmed. The airframe burned but the wedding ceremony continued. The tailrotor may have hit the building in the background.

Vertical Freedom
7th May 2018, 14:39
Is it my seat, or my butt, or is it my tail I fly in on an approach over obstacles....don't matter as I'm meant Bullet proof, I thinks. :yuk: If that approach was any slower he'd be flying out backwards :{
Sad standard of Airmanship, just sad :ugh:

gulliBell
7th May 2018, 20:42
But, I give him credit for writing-off an R-copter without writing-off any of the occupants.

TWT
7th May 2018, 20:59
This video shows close-ups of the tail area before it 'touches down' (TR missing) and the fire afterwards. Looks like Jhieminga is right about contact with the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRcT-3ckQMM

KiwiNedNZ
8th May 2018, 00:10
Seems the building was quite a way in the background though - could it have more than likely been wires and not the building.

TWT
8th May 2018, 00:22
Well, it hit something while airborne, whatever it was did the damage......

Agile
8th May 2018, 01:07
Is it my seat, or my butt, or is it my tail I fly in on an approach over obstacles....don't matter as I'm meant Bullet proof, I thinks. :yuk: If that approach was any slower he'd be flying out backwards :{
Sad standard of Airmanship, just sad :ugh:

I don't see any problem with a slow and controlled approach, its a wedding, its confined, there are loose things around (sun shade, seat cushion, table cloth..) additionally guests want the picture opportunity (well I guess the got it...!)

r22butters
8th May 2018, 01:29
I don't see any problem with a slow and controlled approach, its a wedding, its confined, there are loose things around (sun shade, seat cushion, table cloth..) additionally guests want the picture opportunity (well I guess the got it...!)

Look at it this way. If he had come in faster he would have had more momentum when he started spinning and probably would have caused much more damage.:D

Vertical Freedom
8th May 2018, 01:39

Trainee Students fly like this Mate, flying slower doesn't stop downwash, rather increases it; blowing around the napkins & tableclothes........hardly a confined area? Looks like the pilot flew the tail through a tree :eek: if it was a wire, was a recce airborne or on ground completed to assess these risks? :ugh:

Hey gulliBell.....exactly, another successful removal of a Crapinson! Best thing was no serious injuries or deaths. 10/10 to the pilot on that one :ok:

G'day r22butters......thanks for that, but I will stick to a Normal approach flying the tail in over the trees, with a thorough SWAT recce done before committing to final :ok:

skadi
8th May 2018, 06:36
In this video you can clearly see that the TR clips a flagpole on top of the lower tower...

https://youtu.be/0r32SUcX2cc

skadi

Thomas coupling
8th May 2018, 07:58
Great news all around. No-one hurt (apart from pride/bride:8) AND another robbo bites the dust :O

gulliBell
8th May 2018, 09:32
Yep, just caught the stinger on the top of that flag pole....only needs a slight wrinkle in that tail cone for the whole thing to crumple and depart the scene.

Mama Mangrove
8th May 2018, 10:43
I wonder if the pilot was supposed to have been a ‘professional’? If so he really shouldn’t be if he can’t fly a safe approach into such a large area. It’s obviously just total luck that nobody was seriously injured or killed.

Fareastdriver
8th May 2018, 12:55
I'm overwhelmed by the heroics of the sword bearing gentlemen protecting their ladies from the debris.

Bellrider
8th May 2018, 13:28
Why starts the Robbo burning?
Sooo many people around there, with Little kids.......

r22butters
8th May 2018, 15:10
Great news all around. No-one hurt (apart from pride/bride:8) AND another robbo bites the dust :O

Man, you Robbyrippers just come out of the woodwork every time don't you! :D

r22butters
8th May 2018, 15:34
G'day r22butters......thanks for that, but I will stick to a Normal approach flying the tail in over the trees, with a thorough SWAT recce done before committing to final :ok:

Good for you :D

Fareastdriver
8th May 2018, 15:38
Brazil, R44s and weddings don't seem to meld to well. IIRC there was a video taken inside an R44 of the bride and groom in the back leading up to them being totalled in a CFIT.

500 Fan
8th May 2018, 15:54
Pilot error can probably be declared as the cause of both Robbie/wedding crashes in Brazil. So the problem is not the machine, it's the pilot and his decision making.

500 fan.

nigelh
8th May 2018, 16:39
Fareastdriver .... I noticed that as well . The big boys with swords ran away like scared children leaving the women and children completely unfussed . This video will be extremely embarrassing for them I think !!! Piss poor airmanship strikes again I’m afraid .