PDA

View Full Version : starting ATPL EASA with UK CAA

icarux
6th May 2018, 16:51
I'm a current Captain with an ICAO Compliant ATP (not EASA). I recently was approved by the UK CAA to register for the 14 ATPL exams ( exemption approved,not required to attend ATO). My worry is that if I start the process and half way through it there's changes regarding the Brexit and UK not being an EASA state any more ,it could potentially affect me half way through the process. Is there any other EASA state (Ireland, Spain etc) that offers the same to convert to EASA ATP?. The UK CAA has a very neat and well organized website that facilitates the bookings, just worry I might not be able to finish it.Thanks.

paco
6th May 2018, 16:59
There are no plans to leave EASA as far as I know, but the iAA are a good bunch to deal with.

VinRouge
6th May 2018, 18:22
There are no plans to leave EASA as far as I know, but the iAA are a good bunch to deal with.
why not complete the licencing with a European authority? For example Ireland?

icarux
7th May 2018, 20:43
why not complete the licencing with a European authority? For example Ireland?

So far the UK seems to be the only state with a well put together website to book exams as an Exempted from ATO student. Wish they had the same!!

portos8
9th May 2018, 11:09
There are no plans to leave EASA as far as I know.

It seems more and more likely the UK will be part of the EEA (Norway model) from March next year, in which case the UK will stay in EASA. Though if they will not join the EEA they will not be part of EASA anymore. And the fact that there are no plans in case the UK leaves EASA is all the more worrying:ugh:

Register with a non-UK EASA authority for the exams, you do not want to have to resit your passed ATPL theory exams from April 2019

portos8
10th May 2018, 07:24
Say in March 2019 you have passed 7 exams under the UKCAA with the intention of obtaining the EASA ATPL theory credits. The UK leaves the EU without a deal (EEA membership or other that includes EASA membership) you would need to resit the 7 you have passed under another EASA authority unless you choose for a possible national UK license. Under Part FCL all 14 exams for the EASA ATPL theory need to be passed under one EASA authority.