PDA

View Full Version : Finished my CPL H, and now What?

Davies5js
6th May 2018, 11:25
Hello all,
After a year of sacrifice and economic and personal effort I finished mi CPL H course. A year ago I leave my work in the spanish police after 15 years of service. I have to wait another year to came back to the service where 2 opportunities to fly may appears, pilot with spanish police or with the traffic patrol agency.
However, Iīm not satisfied with the idea of wait (a whole year) and see what happened in the future. So Iīd like to have an active role in my future and continue with my formation.

But at this point I need some advice or differents point of views. I donīt know if itīs more useful, to have a IR SE or ME, o spend that money in hour building in order to be able the FI. Obviusly the money is a problem, but I could do the last effort and get 25.000-30.000 eur more. I donīt mind to move out of Spain neither to work or training.
The only thing I know is with my CPL H, and 50 hour PIC itīs impossible to have a pilot job.

So I appreciate so much your comments and help!

Thomas coupling
6th May 2018, 21:46
Difficult one.
IF the police/traffic have a vacancy - do they need an IR or ME?
if the answer is yes - will they pay for it or you?
If you have to pay then you might as well do them now to improve your chances of getting that job.
HOWEVER.
Can you ever get those jobs with so few hours? That is the big question??????
If you dont have the hours for those jobs you have to decide what job you want?
FI will keep you current and flying and building hours but pays poor money.
Your problem is hours i suspect.
FI may be the only way forward. Once you have more hours - only then can you decide on an ME and/or IR.

Davies5js
6th May 2018, 22:35
Thank for your answer Thomas,
Not necessary IR nor ME for apply to police/traffic, but improve my chances.
I have to explain that in Spain the police vacancies are restricted only for police officers, and normally they train the personnel from zero, but the licenses are military and not EASA. So if you have your EASA CPL they save to pay the course in the military academy.
However traffic vacancies are for public administration employees with EASA license, actually some free vacancies and no pilot available.
Both police and traffic the hours are not so important because they will provide you with type rating and necessary training.

They FI is very interesting but Iīd need a very expensive time building to do it. Iīm considering 50 hours pack in florida but anyway, is not enough because now with my integrated CPL H I have 137 hours, with 50 PIC....very low

And thatīs my dilemma...

gulliBell
6th May 2018, 23:36
Have you called the Chief Pilot of the Police Air Wing? That should be your starting point.

r22butters
6th May 2018, 23:54
50 hours PIC,...?

Hell I've got 700 hours PIC and I couldn't get a single interview this season!

Davies5js
7th May 2018, 16:00
Have you called the Chief Pilot of the Police Air Wing? That should be your starting point.

Itīs more complicated than that, is not a local Police but Federal one, with military hierarchy, many mayors and coronels to reach the General in charge of Aerial departament.
But Iīm on my way.

Thomas coupling
8th May 2018, 08:08
What are the starting salaries for a police pilot and a traffic pilot?

gulliBell
8th May 2018, 09:29
If you're only now starting to work out what to do next, after getting your license...well, just saying. Hope you've got a good fall-back job to do now whilst waiting for a piloting job to come up.

Davies5js
8th May 2018, 14:01
What are the starting salaries for a police pilot and a traffic pilot?

About 2.000-2.200 euros.

Davies5js
8th May 2018, 14:19
If you're only now starting to work out what to do next, after getting your license...well, just saying. Hope you've got a good fall-back job to do now whilst waiting for a piloting job to come up.

Yes gulli, I have. I could wait a year to come back to active service without work, but Iīd prefer to continue with my formation or to work as theory teacher...