PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining CPL(A) with a CPL (H)

UVStein
5th May 2018, 21:27
Hi All,

I have had a good look but cant find the answer I want to find under part 61.

I remember it used to be under CAR 5 that Rotor Hours could be used to minimise how much time I would need to spend in a fixed wing to get my duel licence (and visa versa) . Under part 61 I cant find any mention of reducing hours in the integrated or non integrated course. It actually states that one must have 100 PIC in a fixed wing to tic the box. Sounds like a lot of money to me for not much gain.

Can anyone shed any light on this or have I found the answer and am disappointed with the prospects.

Cheers

ersa
6th May 2018, 00:28
You're correct 100 PIC in fixed wing to include additional 10 cross country , its all about competency , but you do need to meet minimum hours for licence test.

Also bolt on the theory exams , it could still be worth it, with the amount of fix wing jobs being advertised.

Jeffory
6th May 2018, 02:59
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L01659

This is the official exemption for CPL (H) holders looking to change category.

60 PIC in an aeroplane and whatever dual is required, don't forget the 10 hours instrument time that CPL(A) holders are required to have (5 sim and 5 in flight is fine).

You also need to do Air Law, Aerodynamics, Flight Planning and the Performance/Loading theory exams for aeroplane.