PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare for group interviews

KayPam
5th May 2018, 17:42
Hello,

Along with a few friends, I am now in the final stage of the Air France cadet programme selection process.
This last stage will involve group interviews the first day and individual ones on the second day.

How can one prepare for such a pair of days ?

I attended the day 2 of CTC-EZY MPL assesments at Dibden Manor and I'm under the impression that the Air France tests will be very similar, only with twice as many exercises and questions.
Given that I had passed the individual interview, but not the group one, I am looking for specific advice on how to succeed at the group interview.

Many thanks.

Banana Joe
5th May 2018, 21:39
If there is a date available before your assessment day, I suggest you look at AirlinePrep. I'm planning on attending one of their course day too. If not look at the 1 on 1 option.

Ciaran Kennedy
6th May 2018, 04:39
There’s no way to really prepare for a group exercise unless you’ve had experience working in a team or group for sports, work, etc.

My best advice is to just not overdo it. Introduce yourself to everyone at the start of the day so they know you’re name and they know yours. Don’t be the one doing all the talking and the one who says very little. Suggest ideas but don’t force them. Don’t be afraid to say that others ideas might not be the best. But have some substance to your objection.

The most important thing to remember is the group result is largely irrelevant, they just want to see how you interact with a group of people that you’ve never met before. Be yourself and try keep everyone in the group involved. Best of Luck!

KayPam
7th Jun 2018, 17:50
I got it !
The way I prepared was the following :
With a few friends, we organized one or two nights during which we had a discussion about how best to succeed, then we replayed the sort of exercises that are given on the day.
And to finish with, we gave each other some feedback

parkfell
9th Jun 2018, 15:42
Think CREW RESOURCE MANAGEMENT........

Be a team player, participate, be receptive, flexible and inclusive.

aviatn
1st Jul 2018, 11:19
My advice, google this topic. You will get a lot of advice.