PDA

View Full Version : airbus at bristol filton

opnot
5th May 2018, 12:20
does anybody know what I assume to be an Airbus was doing mid afternoon on Thursday 3May at the old Filton aerodrome. I t appeared to 2 ccts of the Airbus factory then headed west

wiggy
5th May 2018, 12:56
I assume you mean this horrifying and shocking event.....:ugh:

Panicked residents see plane fly just 2,000 feet up in test flight | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5693961/Panicked-residents-plane-fly-just-2-000-feet-test-flight.html)

I assume you weren’t one of the panicked residents.......

I suspect the residents of Bristol are now the complete laughing stock of those that live in Wythenshawe or Hounslow.

SpringHeeledJack
5th May 2018, 14:05
Did it land or do a T&G at Filton ? I thought that it was closed to aircraft other than helicopters ? That DM story, "They could see the pilot"........

DaveReidUK
5th May 2018, 14:49
I hadn't realised the A321LR's economics were so dire:

"The plane weighs 97 tonnes and would have been carrying 97 passengers if full"

opnot
5th May 2018, 15:27
the rwy at Filton is full of large holes no fixed wing could land there .very impressive ccts with large bank angle , to the untrained eye and not ever seen an airbus doing low level ccts before it could seem quite nervy , staying close to the airfield never saw the pilots or the trees but I have seen them closer to my control tower before I retired

Hotel Tango
5th May 2018, 18:36
The Daily Mail strikes again with utter boll***s. They should see and hear the AWACS E-3 Sentry which passes low over my house on an almost daily basis. Now, THAT is noisy (but great)!

SkodaVRS1963
6th May 2018, 14:44
I suspect the residents of Bristol are now the complete laughing stock of those that live in Wythenshawe or Hounslow.

Not really; I live in the area and seeing as the airfield at Filton is now closed you most definitely don't expect to see something that low unless it's in difficulty?

Residents at Hounslow are, of course, accustomed to tyre marks on their roofs.