PDA

View Full Version : HKCAD P2X rating transferred to UK CAA EASA License

BizJetJockey
4th May 2018, 03:54
Has anyone had any success transferring their P2X rating across to their EASA license? Keen to confirm if this is possible. As I understand, as long as you have over 500 hours logged operating in the seat along with third party verification, this is sufficient in order to undertake a skills test for the transfer to take place. If you're keen to comment please only if you have actually managed to do this or could put me in touch with someone who has. Thanks

jakekenobi
4th May 2018, 09:45
@ BizJetJockey (https://www.pprune.org/members/213021-bizjetjockey)
Yes its possible according to Easa documents, it`s restricted type rating for cruise relief co-pilots.Don`t know anybody personally who did rating transfer,i can only point out official easa document covering this subject,i hope it helps.It also covers flight hours loging and crediting (ATPL) for relief co-pilot.

Cheers

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/NPA-2014-25.pdf

Flying Mechanic
5th May 2018, 03:57
You should come back to the Corp world@bizjetjockey!

quadspeed
5th May 2018, 19:24
Bite hard and hold on until you get proper your upgrade to FO.

It'll make the whole thing a lot easier and make those p2x hours triple their value. They'll magically transform to time on type, currency for the rest of your career should you ever choose to fly similar aircraft in the future.

I know it's a lot to ask. But you've already made your bed; get something worthwhile out of it.

Fat_Dumb_and_Unhappy
6th May 2018, 19:18
I’m assuming you will still have to sit all the EASA ATPL exams?

Lots of rumours circulating that the CAA may waive this requirement and you won’t have to sit the 14 tests...Does anyone have any info about this?

Hugo Peroni the IV
7th May 2018, 00:30
Talk to the CAA. They are very helpful.

Climb150
16th Mar 2023, 15:11
Lots of rumours circulating that the CAA may waive this requirement and you won’t have to sit the 14 tests...Does anyone have any info about this?

​​​​​​​CAA will never waive the tests ever.