PDA

View Full Version : Managing expectations

Chewthecrude
3rd May 2018, 12:21
And there we have it..."pay and reward statement" coming next week..."limited funds available" ..."You may think tha's a not-so-subtleway of suggesting that we should manage our expectations-and to be fair it probably is"...

We see one color they see another color altough we're looking at the same thing...

We have all been warned to expect little next week.

Joker11
3rd May 2018, 12:26
I expect nothing and I am still let down.

BANANASBANANAS
3rd May 2018, 12:35
I hope HH and the board are able to manage their own expectations of the airline when they finally wake up and realise how many pilots have left, are leaving and are continuing to leave.

I have tried to be loyal and professional but my patience is now at an end.

drop kick
3rd May 2018, 12:37
Best reserve some more parking slots ...

gtaflyer
3rd May 2018, 17:48
I see a very awful summer ahead for those remaining behind more work and stress... Best reserve some more parking slots ...

dustyflightdeck
3rd May 2018, 22:05
No surprise really. Why bother retaining anyone? Applications are flowing in and people are even asking to come back!!!

The Outlaw
4th May 2018, 00:37
No surprise really. Why bother retaining anyone? Applications are flowing in and people are even asking to come back!!!

I think we may have a new record. How long did it take the talking horse or TOGA to spout this type of rubbish? Mind you we have 170 cadets racing to the rescue so problem solved! Good thing the cockpits are big enough to house those big watches, hair gel and cheap perfume.

New fast acting, high proof Kool-Aid I guess.

donpizmeov
4th May 2018, 03:02
TCAS sprouted the “we have thousands of applicants waiting to take your job” mantra as well. Seemed to work really well back then, so I guess BBJ just thought he could roll it out again .Really unfair of you to notice Outlaw :}

Wonder if the pay review the will be the old “ productivity will be lifted to 92hrs because all that ULR and delivering aircraft to the DWC parking lot flying is really easy. And you should all just be happy to have a job in these difficult times. ”

Good news is it has been found that the reduction of cabin on flights has been so successful than a further GR2 will be removed commencing June. FG1s on Boeing ULR flights also to be adjusted downwards .Seems a clear sign of how things are going.

SOPS
4th May 2018, 04:44
Well , that didn’t take him long!! Do these guys all use the same text book or something?

thatwasclose
4th May 2018, 05:19
Facts be facts . We do have some guys who want to come back and I believe last month they interviewed and passed quite a lot of people .
Those are facts . Quality of them etc etc that’s a different thing .

gtaflyer
4th May 2018, 05:54
TCAS sprouted the “we have thousands of applicants waiting to take your job” mantra as well. Seemed to work really well back then, so I guess BBJ just thought he could roll it out again .Really unfair of you to notice Outlaw :}

Wonder if the pay review the will be the old “ productivity will be lifted to 92hrs because all that ULR and delivering aircraft to the DWC parking lot flying is really easy. And you should all just be happy to have a job in these difficult times. ”

Good news is it has been found that the reduction of cabin on flights has been so successful than a further GR2 will be removed commencing June. FG1s on Boeing ULR flights also to be adjusted downwards .Seems a clear sign of how things are going.

Agree with the DON but it’s difficult times for the airline not the pilots. I just don’t understand the pilot workforce in such airline, as jobs are in Abundance and there has never been so many options they should be leaving in droves and stop holding back there careers. The writing on the the wall could not be any bigger font!!

felixthecat
4th May 2018, 07:35
Just Smoke & Mirrors.....

alwayzinit
4th May 2018, 08:04
Next week children, Brain will be telling us a story about his long haul experience, concentrating on his rest and recovery advice.

Jack D
4th May 2018, 08:27
Next week children, Brain will be telling us a story about his long haul experience, concentrating on his rest and recovery advice.
Loco guys with limited experience that’s all . top mangers are expensive and tend to want some autonomy in their decision making .
Is Hr Mueller still in the building ?

Saltaire
4th May 2018, 10:37
Good question. Bueller? I mean Mueller? ...Mueller? What happened to that guy?
While I appreciate Brian's dialogue and comms, he's really just a conduit from up above. But Brian if your listening, take some notes...drop the productively threshold, give us proper credit for leave days, 3 years now without a pay increase, more than 2 days off after a ULR. I'll leave it there.

dustyflightdeck
4th May 2018, 10:41
Well , that didn’t take him long!! Do these guys all use the same text book or something?
True it didn't take him long to jump on the company band wagon

Seems a clear sign of how things are going.
​​​​​​​At such an alarming rate!!

glofish
4th May 2018, 14:05
Resistance is futile.

At a recent CIF (commander in focus) day the facilitator was full of a life with Brian. The participants a tad less. They convened that it is no longer time for talk, but for delivery.
Now we have the perfect example of what the upper echelons made of this kind of feedback: More blah blah.

Solution? Simple: If next weeks talk is even more only blah blah ...... more ABC

harry the cod
4th May 2018, 16:48
He's in a month or two and you expect change already? FFS, give the guy a chance. Work with him, not against him and lets see collectively if there are positives to come out of it. Write to him. He can only ever stand a chance of changing things if he's armed with the data and evidence. It's not him who's ultimately controlling the policies but it is him who can influence those that do.

We complain when we hear nothing, we complain when we do. If there are people here who truly believe nothing will ever change, the solution is obvious. Leave!

Harry

LHR Rain
4th May 2018, 17:12
Are you going to leave Harry?
I’m not having a go at you but you seemed to have possibly “crossed the Rubicon” in a previous post.

Jack D
4th May 2018, 18:20
He's in a month or two and you expect change already? FFS, give the guy a chance. Work with him, not against him and lets see collectively if there are positives to come out of it. Write to him. He can only ever stand a chance of changing things if he's armed with the data and evidence. It's not him who's ultimately controlling the policies but it is him who can influence those that do.

We complain when we hear nothing, we complain when we do. If there are people here who truly believe nothing will ever change, the solution is obvious. Leave!

Harry

Sorry H now your just being silly ! and you’ve been in EK how long ?

Jack D
4th May 2018, 18:48
Sorry H now your just being silly ! and you’ve been in EK how long ?

I,m still wondering what happened to the “ saviour”
Hr Mueller ? Vanished without a trace or what ?
Anybody know anything ?

notapilot15
4th May 2018, 18:55
Appears Mueller and his ideas are history. Timmy is talking about premium economy with dedicated cabin crew on new A380s. Fortunately EK doesn't have money to refurbish old frames, otherwise cabin crew have to leave in hundreds.

fliion
4th May 2018, 19:18
I,m still wondering what happened to the “ saviour”
Hr Mueller ? Vanished without a trace or what ?
Anybody know anything ?

On property, current post - Chief Digital & Innovation Officer. Reports directly to TC

Jack D
4th May 2018, 19:28
On property, current post - Chief Digital & Innovation Officer. Reports directly to TC

ok thanks !

Xulu
5th May 2018, 04:44
Leasing 10 77W and 4 A380 costs ~70m aed per month at published prices.

10% payrise for Pilots costs ~15m aed per month.

They can’t see the wood for the trees. Limited budget?? Manage your expectations???

Whats the 2018 budget for the ‘parked aircraft department ‘? Rumours they’re pretty hopeful this year.

At a time where airlines are ramping up for Summer, in a rebounding world economy, Emirates is parking aircraft due to ‘seasonal demand’.

This is the equivalent of a medium sized airline’s entire LH fleet being grounded.

There is one man responsible for this, and it’s the same man who has to sign off our pay review, the same one who still rubber stamps every single cabin crew application. The same one who turns around and orders 787 on a whim and without consultation.

The same one who hires his mates into the most senior positions - the most recent of which was fired for incompetency in his previous role in compliance, but makes a return to lead a much bigger Oversight department??

So yes, manage your expectations. The man would rather watch EK park 50 acft than ‘give those thieving Pilots another fil’

halas
5th May 2018, 06:51
Apart from doing nothing, What did/didn’t he do in compliance?

Know he was useless in the LOSA program. I had to fly him to IAH years ago to collect the results. Email wasn’t working that week, apparently.

halas

givemewings
6th May 2018, 10:27
further GR2 will be removed commencing June. FG1s on Boeing ULR flights also to be adjusted downwards .Seems a clear sign of how things are going.

JFC they really have lost (more of) the plot... service levels expected were almost impossible with a full complement, so many less now after 'trimming' and EK is no better than all the others they spout about being better then... F with 2 FG1s on a ULR? How's that going to work with breaks, a medical in Y and Purser needing to keep an eye on the flight deck at the same time??

Was chatting with some would-be EK crew on another site, three got the joining call and declined the offer from a recent assessment. Seems like not even the red hat and uniform have the allure they once did... Better crank up the sponsored Insta-fame posts, corp comms. There's been a distinct lack of 'look how glam and amazing my life is' posts from your darlings lately. Guess they're too tired doing back to back turns and IAD flights...

SOPS
6th May 2018, 11:15
Harry..any comment on cabin service levels? I know Givemewings...and she is not silly, just wondering what you think?

felixthecat
6th May 2018, 11:28
I understand that a business needs to be lean and profitable, but then there is anorexic.

Emirates prime source of income is passengers, and by cutting the service to them day in day out, what is there to keep them coming? First and business class passengers being told that meal choices are unavailable because someone has decided this is a good and sensible cost saving. Then we see that there are wines costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars a bottle. Cutting the food but serving such costly wines etc makes no sense to me at all. Now we further reduce the staff to serve them. These are people who have paid $20,000 for a return ticket to the US.

The experience levels on the flight deck have plummeted. People paying premium prices for a premium service expect exactly that. Passengers flying budget flights on low-cost carriers know that they generally have low experience pilots flying them but do they realise or expect that on a premium product? You buy a Ferrari you don't expect Ford engine.....

I Claudius
6th May 2018, 11:54
You’re right. Unfortunately they do not offer the more reliable Ford engine option.

glofish
7th May 2018, 09:25
Just remember, we are semi-government employees.
This means if anything would be to our benefit, we are on the semi-not-very-much-entitled side, if there would be anything to our detriment, we turn into a semi-also-concerned side in a fraction of a second.

aeropix
7th May 2018, 09:34
Pilot shortage impact 'quite limited', says Emirates exec - - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/395805-pilot-shortage-impact-quite-limited-says-emirates-exec)

”Emirates is expected to post strong profits when it announces its results ... after a recovery from a drop in profitability in 2016 owing to a stronger dollar”

2 days til the announcement. Haven’t noticed any invitations to the Atrium for the profit sharing extravaganza yet.

harry the cod
7th May 2018, 13:41
SOPS

Morale amongst crew is certainly mixed. What is becoming evident is the profile of those that stay and those that leave. We are slowly, but surely, becoming an airline made up of predominantly African, Indian/Pakistani and Arab pursers & CSVs with the same cultural background bringing up the rear along with a lot of Eastern Europeans. Many of the Western Europeans, Brits and US/Canadian & Australian crew are beyond the lies, working like dogs and being treated like school kids. Can you blame them?

Just heard recently that a manager, initials SS and ex BA, recently spoke up about a few things that are not right in the Company in his capacity. Next day, called to a meeting and given 48 hours notice to leave. I must add that this is purely a rumour so maybe one of our colleagues from IFS/regulatory affairs can confirm or elaborate. Apparently a good guy, approachable, hard working and with ethics.

Senior management obviously don't want to hear the truth and are more concerned with employing sycophantic 'yes' people who massage their over inflated egos. Thursday will be very telling but I'm not holding my breath!

I will, as always, remain positive and realistic but it's becoming harder and harder when faced with the constant incompetence, laziness, nepotism and glaring arrogance exhibited by some senior management.

In 16 years, it hasn't really changed. Looking back, the loss of Sir MF (RIP) was the real turning point of what was a great Company to work for.

Harry

donpizmeov
7th May 2018, 15:29
You are correct about SS Harold. ATC claims that SS is responsible for the duty free changes. The people ATC was sprouting this too already knew where the duty free fiasco really came from as they were all in the same meetings ..Embarrassing and sad all at the same time .

givemewings
7th May 2018, 16:13
Agree re: Sir M. I joined a lot later than some of you but did cat the tail end of his tenure. What a humble and classy guy. Had time for everyone, always a smile if you passed him in HQ.

The way they are running things now, the ones who need to "manage expectations" are Emirates. Manage right down from the world''s best airline to work for to "only if my kids are starving and even then I'll consider turning tricks first"....

Sad. And all from arrogance and inability to take constructive feedback

I always suspected this management style would turn EK into QR 2.0. They are so desperate to recruit new crew they are re-emailing the ones they rejected at final interview a few months back and asking them to join! I know this first hand from one of these applicants.

PositiveRate876
7th May 2018, 16:23
Best reserve some more parking slots ...

There's always space next to the Candid at Barracuda...

Jack D
7th May 2018, 17:21
You are correct about SS Harold. ATC claims that SS is responsible for the duty free changes. The people ATC was sprouting this too already knew where the duty free fiasco really came from as they were all in the same meetings ..Embarrassing and sad all at the same time .

Does this mean that the restrictions on bringing duty free or any other items into Dxb as crew were not instigated by Uae customs ?

Whats the point ? ... some sort of envy syndrome I really don’t get it ..

SOPS
8th May 2018, 08:35
SOPS

Morale amongst crew is certainly mixed. What is becoming evident is the profile of those that stay and those that leave. We are slowly, but surely, becoming an airline made up of predominantly African, Indian/Pakistani and Arab pursers & CSVs with the same cultural background bringing up the rear along with a lot of Eastern Europeans. Many of the Western Europeans, Brits and US/Canadian & Australian crew are beyond the lies, working like dogs and being treated like school kids. Can you blame them?

Just heard recently that a manager, initials SS and ex BA, recently spoke up about a few things that are not right in the Company in his capacity. Next day, called to a meeting and given 48 hours notice to leave. I must add that this is purely a rumour so maybe one of our colleagues from IFS/regulatory affairs can confirm or elaborate. Apparently a good guy, approachable, hard working and with ethics.

Senior management obviously don't want to hear the truth and are more concerned with employing sycophantic 'yes' people who massage their over inflated egos. Thursday will be very telling but I'm not holding my breath!

I will, as always, remain positive and realistic but it's becoming harder and harder when faced with the constant incompetence, laziness, nepotism and glaring arrogance exhibited by some senior management.

In 16 years, it hasn't really changed. Looking back, the loss of Sir MF (RIP) was the real turning point of what was a great Company to work for.

Harry
You know what worries me about this post, Harry..( and I am not trying to be funny)..it is the first time I have ever sensed you are slightly despondent. Normally, as you say...you are the height of optimism..always "a glass half full" type of guy. I admit, sometimes I think you might be too positive for your own good...but credit where credit is due, no matter what has happened, you always can put a positive ( and as you say realistic) outlook on things.
So when i read a post, where I detect for the first time, that even Harry is getting a tad despondent, it makes we worry just how bad things really are!!
I agree with your comments about Sir MF BTW, when he left (retired), that marked the start of the down hill run.

Regards SOPS

Odins Raven
8th May 2018, 08:53
I don’t think it was so much the loss of Sir MF that changed the company, but more the inevitability that the boom years of Dubai would end with the GFC. The issue is, that the downturn was exacerbated and accelerated by the people who were left in charge. Instead of going from the biggest player to a major player, the company has been allowed to deteriorate to the point where things may not be fixed in the long-term.

Hats off to those who called it as Gulf Air 2.0. Not quite the same circumstances, but similar fall from grace.

At least there are still a few quality individuals on the front line, even if they’re all long-gone at management level. Got the utmost respect for those that stick it out, far thicker skin than I could ever dream of having :D

Monarch Man
8th May 2018, 12:21
Gosh, I get the impression that Harold is actually beginning to come to terms with the reality of EK such as it is.
I heard a similar thing regarding ATC and his laying the “blame” at the feet of SS, because as an untouchable he needed someone to blame.
As an aside, after the purge over the last 18 months or so there is a desperate shortage of bodies to do the work in HQ, notice I said “do the work” as there is no shortage of Habibis doing sweet F all. This has led to another layer of recruitment, but alas the secret is out about EKs management style so thus far I’m told that significantly enhanced packages are being offered to recruits merely to even get them to interview.
Treat this place as an ATM, forget any semblance of loyalty, the decision makers view everyone beneath them as disposable and replaceable, think about that next time you are asked too, or are put in a position to do anything other than your job description.

harry the cod
8th May 2018, 14:32
MM

Fundamentally, this is where we disagree. I AM realistic to know that my time here is only as good as my last landing. That though is true of many airlines to be honest. However, the big difference here is that it involves moving house, school and family very quickly. The effect on immediate family and friends will be stressful and profound but, we all knew that anyway before we came, right? Yet we still made that all important first move abroad. In that time, things change. Factually, overall T&C's have declined along with wages relative to the ever increasing cost of living.

So, we now have a choice. Do what you do, commit as little as possible financially and emotionally, do your job professional to the best of your ability and take the cash each month. Fine, many do that and it may work for you. But, and here's the rub, your family is invested here too, especially children. They settle at school, make friends and your wife too develops a social network of friends. Damn, I'm sure even you have a few chums to drink beer with! So, when you detach yourself fully, you send a subliminal message to the family that this is not a long term proposition. That in itself creates uncertainty and I know of many wives who've left because they never took the time to engage with Dubai or make friends here. Why would they, they would not be staying long after all? Further, their pilot husbands spent hours at home and at parties whinging and moaning about their jobs and the Company. After a while, even the most loyal spouse will find this tedious and depressing. Why stay in a place you're not happy?

Personally, if you can't ever accept the things that can't be changed, life will become unbearable, for you and your family. If, or when it reaches a point where the lifestyle is not providing what you be attained elsewhere, you leave. Embracing the positives will always make your life and those around you better. Focusing on the negatives achieves little. Because of that, I look at all the good that Dubai and EK can provide, both for me and my family. On the whole, it's much better that I was able to achieve elsewhere. That doesn't make me a kool aid drinker or management troll.

My only concern is where this Company is now heading, especially with the dire results from our colleagues South of here. The style of leadership is not conducive to open feedback within management. Senior management meetings with STC are one way. There are too many filters and management do not like being realistic if it involves bad news. An environment that encourages open dialogue is the only way forward and while it's starting to work at the CiF courses and fleet briefings during RTGS, that same philosophy must be applied at the very top. Then, and only then, will we see a positive move to improve conditions, particularly for pilots. If nothing changes, which is likely, I see the problem only getting worse. Historically, change here is slow. The analogy of the lumbering tanker changing course is often used. However, STC has previously dictated some policy changes overnight, the 2 in a the cockpit being just one example. He needs to grasp the gravitas of the current situation and act accordingly and without delay.

Failure to do so makes him complicit in the current debacle of parked planes and insufficient pilots.

Harry

givemewings
8th May 2018, 15:06
He needs to grasp the gravitas of the current situation and act accordingly and without delay.

The main question is, does he care?

Past performance says... no he does not. He's on the way out isn't he? it's the next guy's problem now...

He's already complicit. This situation didn't suddenly happen overnight... or even over a year. He's had how many opportunities to do something over the last 3-5 years?

Monarch Man
8th May 2018, 16:08
MM

Fundamentally, this is where we disagree. I AM realistic to know that my time here is only as good as my last landing. That though is true of many airlines to be honest. However, the big difference here is that it involves moving house, school and family very quickly. The effect on immediate family and friends will be stressful and profound but, we all knew that anyway before we came, right? Yet we still made that all important first move abroad. In that time, things change. Factually, overall T&C's have declined along with wages relative to the ever increasing cost of living.

So, we now have a choice. Do what you do, commit as little as possible financially and emotionally, do your job professional to the best of your ability and take the cash each month. Fine, many do that and it may work for you. But, and here's the rub, your family is invested here too, especially children. They settle at school, make friends and your wife too develops a social network of friends. Damn, I'm sure even you have a few chums to drink beer with! So, when you detach yourself fully, you send a subliminal message to the family that this is not a long term proposition. That in itself creates uncertainty and I know of many wives who've left because they never took the time to engage with Dubai or make friends here. Why would they, they would not be staying long after all? Further, their pilot husbands spent hours at home and at parties whinging and moaning about their jobs and the Company. After a while, even the most loyal spouse will find this tedious and depressing. Why stay in a place you're not happy?

Personally, if you can't ever accept the things that can't be changed, life will become unbearable, for you and your family. If, or when it reaches a point where the lifestyle is not providing what you be attained elsewhere, you leave. Embracing the positives will always make your life and those around you better. Focusing on the negatives achieves little. Because of that, I look at all the good that Dubai and EK can provide, both for me and my family. On the whole, it's much better that I was able to achieve elsewhere. That doesn't make me a kool aid drinker or management troll.

My only concern is where this Company is now heading, especially with the dire results from our colleagues South of here. The style of leadership is not conducive to open feedback within management. Senior management meetings with STC are one way. There are too many filters and management do not like being realistic if it involves bad news. An environment that encourages open dialogue is the only way forward and while it's starting to work at the CiF courses and fleet briefings during RTGS, that same philosophy must be applied at the very top. Then, and only then, will we see a positive move to improve conditions, particularly for pilots. If nothing changes, which is likely, I see the problem only getting worse. Historically, change here is slow. The analogy of the lumbering tanker changing course is often used. However, STC has previously dictated some policy changes overnight, the 2 in a the cockpit being just one example. He needs to grasp the gravitas of the current situation and act accordingly and without delay.

Failure to do so makes him complicit in the current debacle of parked planes and insufficient pilots.

Harry

Harold, where to start? Perhaps its more succinct and pragmatic to say, ostensibly that I find my thoughts in alignment with your post, the real difference is a philosophical one rather than a simple perspective or outlook.
Most of us have family or kids in school, most of us also loathe the idea of having to uproot and disrupt merely for the sake of a bit of personal self satisfaction. Notwithstanding all of that, my disengagement from Dubai is nothing to do with the individuals and persons that I and my family socialise and interact with, the disengagement manifests itself in terms of being beholden or tied to the place in a financial or emotional sense. Ask yourself Harold how many of your friends or fellow expats once they leave maintain anything other than a cursory level of contact with the region or the people in it? In my experience the very reason for being here is the very reason that when most leave they seldom look back.
Now whilst you may disagree with my outlook, I’m fairly certain based on past experience and a healthy level of cynicism that those above us couldn’t give the foggiest as to our welfare, our aspirations, our families, our health or our opinions, they are for the most part bound by their sociopathic tendencies or worse, so why should I or more to the point why should we give them the benefit of our emotional intelligence, its far better in my view to base your decision making process on remuneration, just like them.
ATC can do what he likes, and he will continue to do so, like it or lump it, but make sure you laugh all the way to the bank first.

glofish
9th May 2018, 03:24
Harry

Harry, every time some newbie starts complaining on here, he is quickly put in place with the usual "....then you didn't do your homework before joining".
You should therefore, in all fairness, apply the same to managers!
If BBJ had effectively done his homework before joining, he would not have boasted what all he intends to do here, knowing fully well that it is unachievable with the actual Führership.
By still doing so, he either hasn't done his homework, or he repeated very intentionally the same drivel his predecessors did.

Either way it shows there's no increased hope with him.

DuneMentat
9th May 2018, 06:14
I guess they hope the 5 weeks will keep us quiet..

TurningFinalRWY36
9th May 2018, 06:36
Does 5 weeks exceed the expectations of the pilot group?

KippaLippa
9th May 2018, 07:04
Yes, it does exceed the expectations.
as long as it is accompanied with a robust pay raise, 10% being the absolute minimum.
KL

The Outlaw
9th May 2018, 07:32
It doesn't exceed nor does it fall short of the mark, its exactly what I expected but I have been known to be realistic. I do believe that there will be some rough seas ahead in the coming few years and this is where the real indication for future success lie.

As for a pay increase, I'm not so sure. I would expect the 3% step to be sure, a raise is a different story.

However I think most people will agree that where they give with one hand, they will take with the other.

Flying Rabbits
9th May 2018, 08:16
I know it’s asked every year, but what’s the formula for working out profit share?
Base×12÷365×25
OR
5xBasex12÷52

777-200LR
9th May 2018, 10:11
I guess they hope the 5 weeks will keep us quiet..

If you were the business, you would hope that too!

5 weeks will go a long way because more than half the pilot body (and cabin crew) were expecting nothing! The issue will be whats announced tomorrow, thats where the longterm issues will or will not be sorted. The profit share announced today will not attract pilots like a pay rise, increase in flight pay, and a lowering of productivity threshold could.

fliion
9th May 2018, 11:31
I know it’s asked every year, but what’s the formula for working out profit share?
Base×12÷365×25
OR
5xBasex12÷52

base*12 / 52 * 5

dustyflightdeck
9th May 2018, 11:46
I think 5 weeks is fair so I am happy with this result. Having said that the pay rise is a serious issue given the rapidly rising cost of living in Dubai and if EK wants to remain "competitive" as they like to say, then they need to address this seriously otherwise there is little reason to remain in Dubai much longer

Joker11
9th May 2018, 11:48
If you were the business, you would hope that too!

5 weeks will go a long way because more than half the pilot body (and cabin crew) were expecting nothing! The issue will be whats announced tomorrow, thats where the longterm issues will or will not be sorted. The profit share announced today will not attract pilots like a pay rise, increase in flight pay, and a lowering of productivity threshold could.

I am one of people who expected nothing and I can say I am happy. It will go towards my resignation fund.

Schnowzer
9th May 2018, 12:24
Shame the owners 2 billion cut goes out before the profit share is paid. Seems the cut has kept pace with inflation😂

Desert snake
10th May 2018, 09:35
Well. It’s out.....