PDA

View Full Version : Layers, layers and...more Layers

The Outlaw
2nd May 2018, 18:04
I was going to write a long post about AAR's new post holder but there is no point. We all know where the blame will go looking forward a year or so. I don't think OMDW was intended to be a storage facility when on the drawing board 15 years ago. Times have changed and lets leave it at that.

EXPO will be here very soon...what happens after that?

Interesting times indeed.

halas
3rd May 2018, 04:48
I think AAS title is hilarious.

Operational Oversight. Isn't that happening on a daily basis?

halas

Flyboy010
3rd May 2018, 07:13
I think AAS title is hilarious.

Operational Oversight. Isn't that happening on a daily basis?

halas

Hahahah... you have to admit thought , the title is creative 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

donpizmeov
3rd May 2018, 08:01
One of the few times the company has been honest. I think the last time was when TCAS use to jump up and down shrieking if you don't like it leave. Seems a few may have taken that advice .

glofish
3rd May 2018, 11:01
That's what's quite normal procedure around here. When the s#!t piles up too visibly, just cover it up with some layers of home grown "sand" and pray it will somehow disappear.

EchoKilla
3rd May 2018, 20:27
Can anyone eloborate why we have internal audit - isn’t it their job to manage “oversight” - ohhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaa this is Emirates. Pack your bags and go home

BANANASBANANAS
4th May 2018, 06:23
Can anyone eloborate why we have internal audit - isn’t it their job to manage “oversight” - ohhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaa this is Emirates. Pack your bags and go home

Well, I can only speak from previous experience at a previous airline as EK is somewhat 'unique' in the way it manages its business, but;

Internal audit should exist to ensure that all policies and procedures are being complied with via scheduled audits to ensure diligent application of SOPs etc. A tactical role.

VPOO (if I understand the intention correctly) is responsible for ensuring that our own policies and procedures are, and remain, in compliance with GCAA/ICAO requirements etc. A strategic role.

Think of his role as analagous to that of a compliance officer at a third rate firm of Independent Financial Advisers!