PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook (via IAGO) A320 Captain assessment

UFO-flying-Airbus
2nd May 2018, 15:40
Dear Sirs (and Ladies :-))

Would anyone here be so kind as to provide me with some information on the assessment profile for Thomas Cook Balearics via IAGO? I have an upcoming assessment.

i'm given to understand that the format is something like;

1. Group interview (what do they ask?)
2. Personal interview (any info?)
3. Technical questionnaire (35 questions? Climb gradient questions/ Weather chart interpretation/Climb segments/Jet engine stall symptoms/static and/or pitot blocked effect?)
4. Sim check (EGKK. F/Ds on Takeoff. Track to a beacon. General handling. 360 degree turn at given rate of climb/descent? Engine failure, S/E ILS A/P, Go Around S/E, land. Take off and Eng fail at V1?)

Could anyone help me to confirm the above and/or help with any additional information please? :-)

I've heard that it may be an idea to study "Compass" training software(?). Thanks in advance! :-)

Best regards,

UFO-Flying-Airbus

bex88
2nd May 2018, 18:18
I think you will find it is FD off take off. EGKK 26 I seem to recall with a simple departure SID to pick up the inbound radial towards DET. LAM5M seems to fit the ticket with the 220kt speed constrain. After than it was some turns with climbs etc at a given rate followed by radial tracking. The use terms like intercept the 320 radial inbound so take a moment to think before you start turning. It’s been 8 years now but what you put seems to be about right for the sim. Can’t really comment on the other stuff as it was more of a sim check and a chat when I did it. I think the engine failure was during the first Go around. All of it was manual flying. Hope that helps a bit. That was for a FO position though.

safelife
2nd May 2018, 20:14
https://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/602315-thomas-cook-balearics.html

UFO-flying-Airbus
5th May 2018, 20:39
I think you will find it is FD off take off. EGKK 26 I seem to recall with a simple departure SID to pick up the inbound radial towards DET. LAM5M seems to fit the ticket with the 220kt speed constrain. After than it was some turns with climbs etc at a given rate followed by radial tracking. The use terms like intercept the 320 radial inbound so take a moment to think before you start turning. It’s been 8 years now but what you put seems to be about right for the sim. Can’t really comment on the other stuff as it was more of a sim check and a chat when I did it. I think the engine failure was during the first Go around. All of it was manual flying. Hope that helps a bit. That was for a FO position though.

Thank you for you help, much appreciated! :-)

PA28161
7th May 2018, 14:01
8 years out of date, wrong seat and wrong company. I wouldn't be too thankful.
Hmmm so in your opinion what is the right company? Can't just be bloody thankful for a job!!

Vwon
8th May 2018, 08:56
Hmmm so in your opinion what is the right company? Can't just be bloody thankful for a job!!

Simmer down, I was referring to the advice posted above re the sim check, not my opinion on the job.

macdo
8th May 2018, 18:39
8 years out of date, wrong seat and wrong company. I wouldn't be too thankful.
Not entirely so. The above is a fairly accurate description of the FO sim profile from a couple of years back. I would not take it that the IAGO profile would be the same for CM1.

PA28161
12th May 2018, 14:14
Simmer down, I was referring to the advice posted above re the sim check, not my opinion on the job.
My humble apology, I obviously misread or misunderstood or possibly both

UFO-flying-Airbus
10th Jun 2018, 10:47
Hello,

Anyone done this in Gatwick recently? I'm going there later this month for the assessment :)

I have heard some of the technical questions might include climb segments definitions, holding speeds vs altitudes and climb gradient questions.

Any information would be most greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Regards,

UFO-Flying-Airbus

macdo
10th Jun 2018, 21:34
Hello,

Anyone done this in Gatwick recently? I'm going there later this month for the assessment :)

I have heard some of the technical questions might include climb segments definitions, holding speeds vs altitudes and climb gradient questions.

Any information would be most greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Regards,

UFO-Flying-Airbus

I can't give you any specific info, but I can tell you that you will be assessed reasonably and professionally. You will not be asked anything that a CM1 should not be expected to know. Depending on who is running the assessment, I would expect some questioning on the areas you mention.

UFO-flying-Airbus
12th Jun 2018, 13:14
Thank you Macdo, much appreciated :)

It's only Me
14th Jun 2018, 12:29
Afternoon

Why go to TCAB when you can stay in the UK as a SFO earning more, with a pension, insured benefits, a good holiday allowance etc? And then there still the jump to command

Have a look at careers.thomascook.com Airbus (any, but 320 family or 330 preffered) for permenant positions, the first starting in Oct 18.

Me