View Full Version : Politicians forced to become actors – Dick Smith video

Dick Smith
1st May 2018, 06:24
Here is a link for a video on my Wagga speech. video

Here is a link to the podcast audio podcast.

I would really appreciate if those interested could send the links to as many as possible so we can get the important Civil Aviation Act change going again to look at cost.

thunderbird five
1st May 2018, 06:50
Thanks for making that available Dick.

dhavillandpilot
1st May 2018, 07:20
All well stated and clear and I would absolutely support it in what ever way I could. BUT the pollies aren't interested unless their livelihoods ie seats are in jepody.

if a small group of very vocal LGBTI can get the marriage act changed why cannot we????

OZBUSDRIVER
1st May 2018, 08:14
Dick, at least be honest...who appointed you to the ARG in 2002?

...IS THIS THE SAME GUY (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjl2-32heTaAhVPhrwKHdwVDDMQFgg4MAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.legislation.gov.au%2FDetails%2FF2005L0 3249%2F7b964d96-14c4-4de9-bac9-a3e589b7a98b&usg=AOvVaw1P61XzssB_0Y5vGnln_gyQ)...
The importance of international standardisation and harmonisation in airspace architecture, air traffic service (ATS) provision and aircraft operating procedures is recognised by all advanced aviation States and organisations. While aviation systems employed by individual nations may have developed and evolved in isolation for historic reasons, the existence of diverse aviation systems is no longer viable in a modern global aviation market and operating environment. The growth in international aviation activity, the growing need for ATS and avionics system interoperability, the increasing reliance on automation and technology and safety considerations are principle drivers towards a common and global system architecture.
Some features of the current Australian airspace system are unique in the world, a situation that is unsustainable over the longer term in an increasingly globalised aviation market.

Over-regulation must be avoided for Australia to remain competitive. The once thriving market for general aviation in Australia is in decline. Between 1990 and 2002, hours flown in general aviation have declined by 13%.

OZBUSDRIVER
1st May 2018, 08:22
Going forward, you are quite correct, Dick. simply introducing the FAR has a number of huge benefits...reigning in the AOC straightjacket, you mentioned one, especially the ability of certified flying instructors to operate without need of an AOC. Starting with the Act is a good thing, Hope Albo doesn't turn on this, he will be needed to help persuade the Minister. Above everything, give credit where credit is due.

Popgun
1st May 2018, 22:37
Great presentation Dick...thanks for your efforts.

I really hope you and the rest of the GA industry leaders can apply enough political pressure to effect change.

The Iron Ring will be working very hard to resist any reform!

PG

Lead Balloon
2nd May 2018, 04:04
Politics is just Hollywood for ugly people.

Jetman346
3rd May 2018, 02:55
Great work dick thanks for caring and being the voice of concerned pilots

wayne