PDA

View Full Version : SEP expired by 3 Years +

memories of px
26th Apr 2018, 14:09
does that mean the examiner cant sign the licence page XII if the sep has expired by 3 years despite being on page XII,
or is that some old jar ops myth?, or has to go to the CAA.

S-Works
26th Apr 2018, 14:37
If it’s in the front of the licence we can sign it. If it’s on the back it goes for reissue. I also issue an SRG1100 which gives them 8 weeks of use of the rating while the licence is processed.

memories of px
26th Apr 2018, 15:08
many thanks bose-x, just another thought, is the examiner restricted to no more than 25% of the refresher training too?

Whopity
26th Apr 2018, 23:17
The examiner can do all of the refresher training. but can't sign the CCC

Thatsthewaytodoit
27th Apr 2018, 08:15
I hate to question Whopity but - my understanding is that the Examiner can not be the one who Recommends for Test, but as HoT or CFI would/could sign the CCC

Whopity
27th Apr 2018, 09:33
Thats what I meant, the Examiner cannot sign the recomendation for test on the CCC

memories of px
27th Apr 2018, 09:37
by any other instructor, do they have to have flown with the candidate? does it have to be the HoT/CFI ?

S-Works
27th Apr 2018, 10:56
I regularly sign the CCC as Head of Training as well as recommend for test and do the test. My Flight Ops Inspector is perfectly happy with that and the CAA have never rejected an application. If I train them then who else is going to recommend for test? Am I supposed to just randomly pick one of my Instructors to do it?

BillieBob
28th Apr 2018, 10:12
There are no restrictions on who can sign a course completion certificate for refresher training prior to a proficiency check to renew a rating, except for the ATO's own requirements. AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1) merely requires that the ATO should provide documentary evidence that the training has been successfully completed. Neither, in the case of a proficiency check, are there any restrictions on what proportion of training the examiner may have given to the candidate. It is perfectly in order for the same individual to conduct all of the training, sign the CCC and conduct the test.

In the case of a skill test, however, the examiner may not have conducted more than 25% of the required training nor have signed the recommendation for test required by FCL.030

S-Works
28th Apr 2018, 16:57
There are no restrictions on who can sign a course completion certificate for refresher training prior to a proficiency check to renew a rating, except for the ATO's own requirements. AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1) merely requires that the ATO should provide documentary evidence that the training has been successfully completed. Neither, in the case of a proficiency check, are there any restrictions on what proportion of training the examiner may have given to the candidate. It is perfectly in order for the same individual to conduct all of the training, sign the CCC and conduct the test.

In the case of a skill test, however, the examiner may not have conducted more than 25% of the required training nor have signed the recommendation for test required by FCL.030

Exactly my understanding as well. Thanks.