PDA

View Full Version : R44 drug smuggling gang jailed

Ian Corrigible
23rd Apr 2018, 14:36
From the Crown Prosecution Service (https://www.cps.gov.uk/london-south/news/helicopter-drug-smuggling-gang-jailed):
Members of a cocaine smuggling gang have been sentenced to a total of 25 years in prison after a helicopter was used to transport the drug into the UK from France.

The helicopter had hidden trapdoors under the seats to store drugs. A smuggler would fly the drugs into Lydd Airport in Kent from Calais and drop them off at two hotels nearby. The drugs would then be unpacked and transported onwards by car in hidden compartments to be sold across the country.

Ringleader Frederic Fagnoul, 50, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to importing and supplying drugs. Two other men admitted conspiracy to supply the drugs onward in the UK in a supply chain which is believed to have been gone on for at least three months. He was sentenced to 17 years and six months’ imprisonment today.

Fagnoul, a Belgian national, rented a helicopter and pilot to bring the cocaine into the country via the hotels he was staying.

https://i.imgur.com/F1ntys8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IGhvMad.jpg

I/C

Thomas coupling
23rd Apr 2018, 15:29
How were they found out I wonder?

Must have been a grass........get it....grass....drugs...marijiwana:ugh:

Fareastdriver
23rd Apr 2018, 16:02
I wouldn't have though you could get enough drugs into an R44 to do 17 years.

nigelh
23rd Apr 2018, 16:18
Dangerous trip . For the drugs I mean ..!!

whoknows idont
23rd Apr 2018, 20:31
Where the blades confiscated to ensure evidence stayed where it was? :suspect:

The helicopter had hidden trapdoors under the seats to store drugs.Frank Robinson really thought about everything, didn't he! :D

aa777888
23rd Apr 2018, 21:02
Looks like the standard under-seat storage area to me. A little messy, perhaps.

LRP
24th Apr 2018, 00:12
Something to remember when you read these stories about drug busts, seizures, etc. They only catch the dumb ones.

Thomas coupling
24th Apr 2018, 12:32
how did they catch these guys?

Bell_ringer
24th Apr 2018, 15:13
how did they catch these guys?

Having exited the Robinson they looked far too relaxed so authorities suspected they must be on something. :}

nomorehelosforme
24th Apr 2018, 19:04
Not sure what is more dangerous the drugs or the R44!

breakdip
24th Apr 2018, 20:01
How were they found out I wonder?

- Boots on the ground (intel from within the organisations);
- An R44 crossing the Channel without floats? Quite fishy...

heli kiwi
24th Apr 2018, 20:21
Can't help but add to the fun

Some would say you would need to be on drugs to fly a Robb. Haha

Self loading bear
24th Apr 2018, 20:33
“Boots on the ground”

I already thought so.
I dont think a Robbie has the endurance to loiter around waiting till NPAS would have picked up the white dust trail?

Cheers SLB

Thomas coupling
25th Apr 2018, 10:28
Boots on the ground - pull the other one pal! Not enough boots anywhere.
NPAS - even funnier - do they still exist?

My guess is some inside info.

r22butters
25th Apr 2018, 15:14
Of course you can't have a thread about a Robby without the cliched pot shots from the "internet experts"!

Personally, considering the value of the cargo, I'd consider it a compliment if drug smugglers were using my aircraft!

Bell_ringer
25th Apr 2018, 17:29
Butters, it was obviously a cost-sensitive cargo else they'd have hired something else.
If the cargo was truly valuable they'd have corrupted a twin aircraft, then again those guys earn far too much and that would ruin the street price :E