View Full Version : Jetstar Cadetship mid year intake 2018

notabove500
23rd Apr 2018, 08:38
Has anyone heard anything?

Stretch06
24th Apr 2018, 04:19
Notabove

Do you mean heard anything since applying, or heard anything about if another mid year intake is scheduled? If it is the latter, unfortunately applications have already closed.

Stretch

notabove500
24th Apr 2018, 04:46
Notabove

Do you mean heard anything since applying, or heard anything about if another mid year intake is scheduled? If it is the latter, unfortunately applications have already closed.

Stretch

I mean since applying

DogDaysAreOver
25th Apr 2018, 19:23

$145k min for the program. Sadly well out of the price range for a lot...

dr dre
26th Apr 2018, 11:38
$145k min for the program. Sadly well out of the price range for a lot...

The majority of the costs can be covered under FEE-HELP.

Jeffory
26th Apr 2018, 11:45
$145k to fly a bus on red eye flights? What an opportunity, where do I sign?

The Green Goblin
26th Apr 2018, 23:59
145k to fly a bus on red eye flights, that you’ll earn a similar amount in your first year of working. Or the same amount of money to get a CPL and head Bush to fly a 210.

As much as I loved my time in the bush. I’d be a million dollars better off if the cadet program was around when I started. Not to mention better seniority and earlier wide body promotions and command opportunities.

You’d be crazy not too.

tbfka
27th Apr 2018, 00:32

I received an invitation to attend the testing early last week. Perhaps give them a call if you haven’t heard anything.

Stretch06
27th Apr 2018, 07:17
Notabove

Most applicants have received a response regarding there application. I am lead to believe that there are only a few left to be contacted with a yes or no to the next stage. If you don't hear anything by next week, maybe just give CAE a call and enquire. All applicates receive a response, whether positive or negative.

Good Luck...

Stretch

wb727d
4th May 2018, 21:38
Gday all

could any previous cadets or those with some insight tell me the style of interview questions they ask, more so aviation knolage Qs, for those with little or no flying experience,
thanks in advance

Airbus A320321
8th May 2018, 05:21
Gday all

could any previous cadets or those with some insight tell me the style of interview questions they ask, more so aviation knolage Qs, for those with little or no flying experience,
thanks in advance

hey 727,

I did the testing a few years back.

I think you’ll find that the questions in the interview will be more behavioural (tell us about a time when you have use teamwork to resolve a problem...). Have a few example scenarios ready to go and don’t bullsh1t them as they will pick up on it instantly. As it is an abinitio course they don’t expect you to have much technical knowledge. However, it is important to know a bit about Jetstar (fleet size and types, engines used on the A320, year the company was founded). Have a read of the Wikipedia page and the fleet page on the Jetstar website.

I hope that helps.

Stretch06
8th May 2018, 10:21
Airbus pretty much summed it up. Technical knowledge not required. Questions around why you want to be a pilot, why do you want to work for Jetstar and behavioural questions are in the interview. Also expect some group activities to assess teamwork, leadership, problem solving and communication skills.

wb727d
9th May 2018, 02:10
Thanks airbus and stretch for your reply
much appreciated
cheers

sheppey
13th May 2018, 13:33
Technical knowledge not required

More dumbing down as usual. On the other hand, a truly keen and enthusiastic pilot hopeful will already have willingly soaked up some aviation technical knowledge from the myriad and readily available free aeronautical websites for the sheer joy of reading and professional development. You can't fake that sort of technical knowledge at an interview. On the other hand, it is easy to pay a professional advisor to bone you up on the politically correct thing to say at an interview that ticks the right HR boxes.

Frostmourn
22nd May 2018, 06:40
anyone heard anything back after the ADAPT?

james1805
22nd May 2018, 08:06
Nope not yet, i think theres still one more session tomorrow looking at eventbrite. We would probably find out after then

FOSmith
22nd May 2018, 12:08
anyone heard anything back after the ADAPT?

I too am awaiting results from the ADAPT testing which I took in April. Hopefully we get a response soon, as the second phase of testing will be early next month, and us "inter-staters" will need to book accommodation and flights. 😅

aviationdreamerr
23rd May 2018, 02:47
Can anyone please tell me what maths and physics should I know before going to the interview/ADAPT test? Thanks :)

Frostmourn
23rd May 2018, 12:08
Can anyone please tell me what maths and physics should I know before going to the interview/ADAPT test? Thanks :)
Today is the last session for the ADAPT test im afraid.

Frostmourn
25th May 2018, 03:41
To everyone that did the ADAPT test for this intake. Did u do the coordination test? I remember there suppose to be such a test according to the handbook given to us just before the test, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do such a test.

FOSmith
27th May 2018, 03:26
Anyone got an invitation for part 2 yet?

Jetstream08
27th May 2018, 10:14
Anyone got an invitation for part 2 yet?

I haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully tomorrow... Given they've said part 2 is early June they have to tell us soon.

I'm interstate too so hopefully we hear back ASAP.

FOSmith
27th May 2018, 12:23
I haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully tomorrow... Given they've said part 2 is early June they have to tell us soon.

I'm interstate too so hopefully we hear back ASAP.

Yeah my same thought, glad to see someone else in the same boat. Hopefully we will hear from them soon, good luck to you sir.

james1805
28th May 2018, 11:17
Hi guys, I encourage you all to check your spam or junk, maybe your email service filtered it out by accident. I received my invitation for part 2 a few days ago and I hope to see you guys there too , best of luck !

wb727d
29th May 2018, 00:33
Hi guys, I encourage you all to check your spam or junk, maybe your email service filtered it out by accident. I received my invitation for part 2 a few days ago and I hope to see you guys there too , best of luck !

did you do the testing, early dates or later in the sequence of Available dates ?

Cheers

FOSmith
29th May 2018, 00:35

Congrats James, I too got an invitation to the part 2. Is yours on the 7th June?

james1805
29th May 2018, 04:36
did you do the testing, early dates or later in the sequence of Available dates ?

Cheers

I did the testing in the earlier dates of May

james1805
29th May 2018, 14:18
Congrats James, I too got an invitation to the part 2. Is yours on the 7th June?

Congrats to you too Smith ! Unfortunately not, its on the 4th of June, it seems that they are holding two sessions for part 2

FOSmith
29th May 2018, 14:31
Congrats to you too Smith ! Unfortunately not, its on the 4th of June, it seems that they are holding two sessions for part 2

Oh neat, well good luck to you sir! Hope everything goes well. :)

james1805
29th May 2018, 15:00
Oh neat, well good luck to you sir! Hope everything goes well. :)

Thanks :) Wish you the best of luck too and hope to hear of the good news soon

wb727d
30th May 2018, 00:50
all The best with the next stage guys

james1805
30th May 2018, 01:03
all The best with the next stage guys

Thanks wb, yours is on the 4th or 7th ?

wb727d
30th May 2018, 01:42
No mate, haven’t heard anything iether way still, not that it’s for me, but a young fella I know who has gone through stage one and awaiting , I feel their pain though
cheers

james1805
30th May 2018, 01:48
No mate, haven’t heard anything iether way still, not that it’s for me, but a young fella I know who has gone through stage one and awaiting , I feel their pain though
cheers

ahh i see, I hope your friend finds out sooner or later and if not, I recommend you to call them up as it was told that everyone will receive an email whether successful or not after stage 1.
Cheers

wb727d
30th May 2018, 02:06
ahh i see, I hope your friend finds out sooner or later and if not, I recommend you to call them up as it was told that everyone will receive an email whether successful or not after stage 1.
Cheers
is there only next week on the 4 and 7th as interviews do you know, or the following week also ?

james1805
30th May 2018, 02:46
is there only next week on the 4 and 7th as interviews do you know, or the following week also ?

So far i only know that there is two since im on the 4th and Smith is on the 7th. There may be more or only these two sessions I am not too sure

Jetstream08
30th May 2018, 04:22
I am still waiting to find out. I got in touch with Oxford and apparently there is an issue with the ADAPT tests that some people did which is causing the delay. The lady I spoke to said it should be resolved by Friday.

wb727d
30th May 2018, 10:59
I am still waiting to find out. I got in touch with Oxford and apparently there is an issue with the ADAPT tests that some people did which is causing the delay. The lady I spoke to said it should be resolved by Friday.

thanks for the heads up jetstream,

shortshortz
6th Jun 2018, 03:24
Hi.

Does anyone know, or have reference to, what the cut off is to apply for the abintio cadet program in terms of hours experience?
If one has their CPL, would that be too late? PPL?
Thanknin advance

james1805
6th Jun 2018, 03:36
Hi.

Does anyone know, or have reference to, what the cut off is to apply for the abintio cadet program in terms of hours experience?
If one has their CPL, would that be too late? PPL?
Thanknin advance

hey mate i think it is too late if you got a CPL, having a PPL should be fine. This is from their website:

*this program is not open to current CPL licence holders. Previous flight training experience will only be recognised if it was undertaken as a part of an integrated CPL program.

shortshortz
6th Jun 2018, 10:04
Thanks, I'll re read the site

Stretch06
6th Jun 2018, 23:50
Interviews are being run all this week. Good luck to all who are attending.

Stretch

Il1
12th Jun 2018, 08:14
Anyone heard back from the interviews yet?

Cessna152super
13th Jun 2018, 08:00
Anyone heard back from the interviews yet?

I haven't yet, but I'm guessing the people who got in would have heard by now, or they have pushed the letters back due to the crash late last week.

FOSmith
15th Jun 2018, 02:12
I haven't yet, but I'm guessing the people who got in would have heard by now, or they have pushed the letters back due to the crash late last week.

I too still havent heard back, possibly late as cessna said above, the crash, and that there was also a public holiday in the last week.

Frostmourn
15th Jun 2018, 08:11
I too still havent heard back, possibly late as cessna said above, the crash, and that there was also a public holiday in the last week.
Have you heard anything today?

AfterV1
17th Sep 2018, 07:03
Hey legends!

I have applied for the 2019 intake Cadetship, I would love to hear everyone's input on the type of math, aptitude and physics questions they were asked when they applied??

Cant wait to hear from the you guys!

Den123
13th Oct 2018, 12:56
Hey legends!

I have applied for the 2019 intake Cadetship, I would love to hear everyone's input on the type of math, aptitude and physics questions they were asked when they applied??

Cant wait to hear from the you guys!

Hey AfterV1,

I also applied for the the 2019 intake and was wondering if you’ve gotten the email to attend the ADAPT test or if you may have already done yours?

c0505
15th Oct 2018, 11:16
Evening guys,

Looking to hear from past Jetstar Cadets, or those going through the process at the moment. I'm 25 years old and have spent 6 years working as a state police officer. I'm a little curious as to the ADAPT testing and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the Jetstar version? Particularly curious as to the contents of that day, the rest of the selection process, and peoples experiences with it. A lot of the info on here is great but some seems a little outdated.

I also read that upon completion of the cadetship there is a "hold" and it may be sometime before you actually commence. Is anyone able to give indications as to that time/process? I can't seem to find the old information in the pack that says you're not guaranteed employment, rather than upon passing the final interview you may be offered conditional employment.

I understand these are probably pretty naive questions but with little industry experience I want to ask them and get them out of the way to best prepare. Is there anyone in this position that is happy for me to reach out? I noticed some of the replies might be from a Jetstar or CAE employee even hah. Happy to listen to feedback & criticisms etc etc.

Thanks.

Sparrows.
15th Oct 2018, 22:36
Wait times very significantly, when the cadetship stopped last time (recruitment in the airline as a whole stopped aswell), some people waited over two years where’s others only a few spots above on the seniority list only waited 3 months.
I can’t remember a wait being less than 3 months, maybe the original JQ1 guys that were first in. My best guess is that’s probably about the time they need to book a type rating after everyone has finished their ATPL’s

c0505
15th Oct 2018, 23:00
Much appreciated mate!

Stretch06
16th Oct 2018, 00:07
c0505

The current graduates who commenced training in Feb 17 are commencing their B787 type at the moment.
I know of some graduates from previous courses (circa 2015) that waited over a year before commencing type rating.

As for employment. There is no guarantee, once you commence course, JetStar issue you a letter with a conditional offer of employment. Conditions include successfully completing the course and the need for position and type rating course availability.

ADAPT testing includes, coordination, maths and physics questions (no calculators allowed), personality questionnaire.
At the interview day, the morning consists of group activities. The 3 activities include a group problem solving construction task, a group debate, and a survival exercise. None of the group activities are aviation related, the intent of this is to level the playing field for all applicants as it is aimed at an ab initio course.
Then you have an interview with the selection panel. The panel consist of three or four people, ranging from JetStar HR, through to CAE instructors. The individual interview will ask question surrounding leadership, teamwork, dedication, knowledge of the process and aviation industry.

Good luck,

Stretch06

c0505
16th Oct 2018, 03:35
Stretch06,

I really appreciate that mate, thank you! With the applications closing very soon or possibly even closed, hopefully I will hear something shortly. Fingers crossed.

paw_111
16th Oct 2018, 08:57
c0505,

The only question on the application that matters is the "why do you want to be a pilot" one - the rest is just admin. The recruiters are looking for people that are clearly motivated and have a dedicated interest in aviation, as opposed to someone who is just giving it a crack.

There's nothing you can really do to study for the tests, all the maths and physics is basic year 9 high school stuff. You can definitely prepare for the interviews by knowing about what's involved in the training program, a bit about the company, and be sure of yourself about why you want to pursue a career in aviation. For you, a bit of life experience can work in your favour in that regard.

Good luck

c0505
16th Oct 2018, 19:48
c0505,

The only question on the application that matters is the "why do you want to be a pilot" one - the rest is just admin. The recruiters are looking for people that are clearly motivated and have a dedicated interest in aviation, as opposed to someone who is just giving it a crack.

There's nothing you can really do to study for the tests, all the maths and physics is basic year 9 high school stuff. You can definitely prepare for the interviews by knowing about what's involved in the training program, a bit about the company, and be sure of yourself about why you want to pursue a career in aviation. For you, a bit of life experience can work in your favour in that regard.

Good luck

paw_111,

Thanks mate. Can I ask what your current position is if you don’t mind?

I’m really hoping a bit of life experience will help, but not counting on it being everything.

Does anyone know rough numbers of applicants vs. positions available typically? Last question, promise 😂.

Thanks again.

paw_111
17th Oct 2018, 06:38
c0505,

I'm not in recruitment, don't worry ;) I have been through the cadet program though.

It's still quite competitive to get in - for each intake there's a couple of hundred applicants and I think they take somewhere between 5 - 15 per round.

Piper_Warrior
19th Oct 2018, 12:05
I've applied for the 2019 intake 3 weeks ago, how long does it usually take to get a response from them?

c0505
19th Oct 2018, 15:48
Piper_Warrior,

I received confirmation of my application submission however nothing further yet. I believe applications closed last Friday (12th)

Piper_Warrior
24th Oct 2018, 00:19
c0505,

Thank for the reply,

When did you apply for it? and do you know when phase 2 of the recruitment process is being done?

Also does anyone know if the amount of hours we have will affect the selection process? At the moment, I have around 150 hours in total flight time and have in possession my PPL licence. I wanted to give the cadetship a try because it kinda heard these days to get a job with low hours.

c0505
25th Oct 2018, 10:17
Piper_Warrior,

I applied at the end of September. I'm not sure about dates for Phase 2, perhaps someone else will be in the know, however I was told I would be notified by mid-Nov.

Cscouller
29th Oct 2018, 19:23
Does anyone know if successful, one can choose where they want to be based. I know the course is run in Melbourne but I live in Sydney. Would I get to choose where I am based or is that up to the discretion of Jetstar?

Sparrows.
30th Oct 2018, 00:17
Does anyone know if successful, one can choose where they want to be based. I know the course is run in Melbourne but I live in Sydney. Would I get to choose where I am based or is that up to the discretion of Jetstar?

At the moment SYD and MEL are the junior bases. Everyone gets dumped there and people try to bid out for other bases. They’re also most junior for command and MEL is the junior wide body base by far.

Even if that changes slightly, I don’t think it would be too hard to bid for a Sydney FO slot, it will always be low if it isn’t the bottom. Having said that, they might give you melbourne and you have to bid for Sydney and it may take anywhere upto 12 months to get a transfer.

Cscouller
30th Oct 2018, 11:16
Thanks Sparrows. Really appreciate that

Stretch06
31st Oct 2018, 11:01
c0505,

Thank for the reply,

When did you apply for it? and do you know when phase 2 of the recruitment process is being done?

Also does anyone know if the amount of hours we have will affect the selection process? At the moment, I have around 150 hours in total flight time and have in possession my PPL licence. I wanted to give the cadetship a try because it kinda heard these days to get a job with low hours.

I would give them a call mate. I believe that since you hold a PPL you will no longer be eligible for the program. Jetstar are aiming for ab initio and the line has to be drawn somewhere.

c0505
5th Nov 2018, 12:02
No good for me, flat out unsuccessful unfortunately.

harrisonicboom1
13th Nov 2018, 01:13
Has anyone received the invitation for the interview stage. Or know when we might find out if we got through?

Den123
13th Nov 2018, 09:40
Has anyone received the invitation for the interview stage. Or know when we might find out if we got through?

I haven’t heard anything back but was told we would find out if we were successful or not sometime after the last session of testings, which was today.

Bluey6
17th Nov 2018, 22:19
I haven’t heard anything back but was told we would find out if we were successful or not sometime after the last session of testings, which was today.

Hey!

Have you heard back yet?

Den123
17th Nov 2018, 23:44
Hey!

Have you heard back yet?

Yep! I got an email a couple of days ago to attend the group exercise and interview but they haven’t set a date for them yet.

Bluey6
18th Nov 2018, 00:13
That’s good!

I did my testing, but I haven’t received any email yet :(

Bluey6
18th Nov 2018, 00:16
Yep! I got an email a couple of days ago to attend the group exercise and interview but they haven’t set a date for them yet.

what day did you do the testing?

Den123
18th Nov 2018, 03:58
what day did you do the testing?

I did it about 2 weeks ago.

tbfka
20th Nov 2018, 01:10
Has anyone else received any successful/unsuccessful emails? I’m assuming if emails have already been sent to successful candidates then those still waiting aren’t progressing?

Bluey6
20th Nov 2018, 01:15
Hi, how’s it going?

i called yesterday, there still processing applications this week. Someone on This forum recieved an email stating, ‘yes’ on Friday. I am in the same boat as you, as I’m still waiting for my outcome. I wouldn’t be so sure to assume that just because we haven’t received an email that we’re not in. As each applicant is individually assessed, and emailed with an outcome. There is heaps of applicants to get through

hang in there
josh

tbfka
20th Nov 2018, 02:33
Seems odd they’d send out invite emails without having fully reviewed everyone, but thanks for info regardless.

Bluey6
20th Nov 2018, 02:54
I can understand your logic,

However lots of people did do the testing different days, and you get invited back for part 2 if you meet the benchmarks for part 1. There’s a benchmark you have to meet for each module we did.

Den123
21st Nov 2018, 01:52
Hi,

Has anyone received the email for their group assessment dates? If so, would you mind telling me when yours is? I’m on the 4th.

wheels_down
21st Nov 2018, 08:32
Just curious does anyone have prior flying experience? Or even other full time job previous experience aviation related or not?

alphavictor97
26th Nov 2018, 10:29
Hey mate,
My group assessment date is also on the 4th.
What sort of preparation are you doing for it?

Stretch06
26th Nov 2018, 22:16
Just curious does anyone have prior flying experience? Or even other full time job previous experience aviation related or not?

Wheels Down, as the course is aimed at ab initio level, the prior flying experience in not a main focus. Previous flying does assist with regards to displaying motivation and determination to become a pilot. Previous job experience (aviation or not) will assist with being able to answer the behavioural questions regarding conflict resolution, team work, leadership etc.

Happy to help out by answering any other questions. PM if you need. Good luck.

Stretch

Terraye
22nd Dec 2018, 10:43
Hey all,

If anyone was accepted into the recent intake of the Jetstar Cadetship and is looking for a place to stay with two other cadets feel free to private message me :)

--------------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Terraye
22nd Dec 2018, 11:55
^ feel free to message on [email protected]

AviationReviewWA
27th Sep 2019, 00:29
anyone apply for the march 2020 intake?

TangoYankee777
6th Oct 2019, 02:56
anyone apply for the march 2020 intake?

Yep. Applied for midyear as well and didn't get through past testing :( Anyone have any suggestions for best programs to prepare for ADAPT testing? Most elements were fine but I particularly struggled with the FAST aspect, any recommendations much appreciated. Thinking either SkyTest, Latestpilotjobs subscription, jobtest prep etc... or something else to help me with this.

Cheers in advance. Also for any successful candidates for 2019 mar/aug intakes any pointers?

j3pipercub
6th Oct 2019, 20:05
How well developed is your IG profile?

AviationReviewWA
7th Oct 2019, 05:08
Haven't heard anything back yet apart from the confirmation email

TangoYankee777
7th Oct 2019, 09:35
Haven't heard anything back yet apart from the confirmation email

Last intake it took about 6 weeks for a response after opening. Looks like the Cadetship is now closed so hopefully this time it won't be too long of a wait. I know for a fact that CAE is running ADAPT testing (for SUT BAviation) on the 23rd so I'd expect about 2 weeks prior to first testing date if it's anything like last time.

JasonK
7th Oct 2019, 10:43
I read a few threads elsewhere with regards to the ADAPT testing and some said it is somewhat similar to the practice questions and simulator on latestpilotjobs.com however these require subcription.

I have applied for next year's intake but have not received an answer from them apart from the confirmation email that application received.

JRumm
8th Oct 2019, 11:00
Hey Aviation ReviewWA, I have applied and have the ADAPT testing this month. Have you any info on the testing day that would be useful? ADAPT seems to be the general consciences however the specifics are hard to find.

JasonK
8th Oct 2019, 15:28
Hey Aviation ReviewWA, I have applied and have the ADAPT testing this month. Have you any info on the testing day that would be useful? ADAPT seems to be the general consciences however the specifics are hard to find.

Hi JRumm,
Congratulations that you have heard from them and have been invited to Stage 2 (ADAPT testing). May I know if this is for the March 2020 intake?

JRumm
8th Oct 2019, 19:09
Hi, JasonK, yes reading from the timeline they have sent through, testing is all done within the months Oct& Nov, interviews in december then admin in January for the March start date.

Inspired
8th Oct 2019, 23:58
What day are you doing yours, I'm doing my ADAPT test on the 24th.

JRumm
9th Oct 2019, 00:01
I have the testing day on the 21st this month.

TangoYankee777
9th Oct 2019, 09:35
Guys can anyone tell me a. When did you hear back and b. What are the testing dates available?

Also JRumm the testing day consists of the ADAPT test only, and they pick certain sections of that. there's a personality test, aptitude test (i.e. memory and spatial awareness), maths test, physics test, red ball test (hand eye coordination) and the FAST test (look it up online). Took about 2 hrs for me last time, once finished you can leave straight away.

Devesh Prasad
16th Oct 2019, 03:27
Guys can anyone tell me a. When did you hear back and b. What are the testing dates available?

Also JRumm the testing day consists of the ADAPT test only, and they pick certain sections of that. there's a personality test, aptitude test (i.e. memory and spatial awareness), maths test, physics test, red ball test (hand eye coordination) and the FAST test (look it up online). Took about 2 hrs for me last time, once finished you can leave straight away.

has anyone else got an email regarding stage 2 for the Jetstar Cadetship program, and I’ve got my adapt testing for the swinburne bachelor of aviation course on the Wednesday next week, does anyone have any tips and what type of questions they may ask?

Jreal
8th Nov 2019, 13:08
How long is the wait for the next opening?

mhmalins
9th Nov 2019, 22:24
Has anyone heard anything about Stage 3?

Percy550
24th Nov 2019, 21:54
Has anyone heard anything about Stage 3?

Not as of yet