PDA

View Full Version : B737 Hydraulic query

nig&nog
23rd Apr 2018, 07:46
With a Loss of System B and Standby System, which after running a few checklists would lead you to the Leading Edge Flaps Transit NNC. My question is does the VREF 15+15 cover you for maneuverability with the leading edge devices retracted and only TE Flap 15 out for landing.
The FCTM states the VREF would provide maneuver capability in all cases but is it assuming you have used the alternate trailing flap ext system which would normally activate the standby system but in this situation it wouldnt have.
Any constructive help appreciated
NIG & NOG

repulo
23rd Apr 2018, 10:43
Your maneuvering capability is limited to 15 degrees plus 15 overshoot when flying below the up speed acc. NNC.

penitpete
23rd Apr 2018, 18:35
With a Loss of System B and Standby System, which after running a few checklists would lead you to the Leading Edge Flaps Transit NNC. My question is does the VREF 15+15 cover you for maneuverability with the leading edge devices retracted and only TE Flap 15 out for landing.
The FCTM states the VREF would provide maneuver capability in all cases but is it assuming you have used the alternate trailing flap ext system which would normally activate the standby system but in this situation it wouldnt have.
Any constructive help appreciated
NIG & NOG

Why wouldn't you use alternate flap system?

Centaurus
24th Apr 2018, 01:34
Your maneuvering capability is limited to 15 degrees plus 15 overshoot

What do Boeing mean by "overshoot?" Why not say limited to 30 degrees angle of bank?

B737900er
24th Apr 2018, 08:37
What do Boeing mean by "overshoot?" Why not say limited to 30 degrees angle of bank?15 degrees is the limit but there is a fudge factor built in for the not so great flyers among us.

RAT 5
24th Apr 2018, 10:23
What do Boeing mean by "overshoot?"

I'd always been told it was a buffer built in for mis-handling, turbulence upset etc. It's there in normal manoeuvre margins as well, I believe.