PDA

View Full Version : APPN

Ketek400
22nd Apr 2018, 06:24
Any thoughts on APPN insurance option? Not a bad option it seems.

kipper the dog
22nd Apr 2018, 07:09
It's very good. Highly recommend it, as does everyone I know who is a member. Governed by French law, so no smoke and mirrors etc. that you may get with other certain schemes in the UAE.

glofish
22nd Apr 2018, 08:30
French law and no smokes and mirrors?
It's greatly EU law anyway and having flown the AB, french stuff does not really recall straight forward thinking to me!
Good luck with any such scheme. They all work initially, until two or three customers actually start using it as advocated.
Then their beancounters and lawyers cut in ....

Reader12
22nd Apr 2018, 09:42
Apparently Glofish...you have NO IDEA of what you are talking about :-)
Go for it if what they offer seems fine for you, what is on the paper is what you get, otherwise they couldn't be handling more than 10 000 pilots all over the world (without advertisement) if it was a known scam.
It is a non profit organisation by the way, money in by active flying folks, money out when somebody needs it (prices adjusted every year and excess money not used for the purpose of Loss of Life/Permenent or Tempo Loss of Licence given back to everybody !!! in a crystal clear manner)
All the best

glofish
22nd Apr 2018, 11:41
Glad if you're correct.
All the best .....

CaptainProp
23rd Apr 2018, 12:31
I can also highly recommend APPN. I personally know of two cases where pilots had to pull their temporary LOI and they never had any issues. When emailing APPN with questions I always get a reply or a call back and most years I got between 1-3 months worth of payments back as the insurance runs at a profit.

CP

fab777
23rd Apr 2018, 16:38
I can testify in their favor. I had to use their service for a couple of months. Friend of mine was unfit for a whole year, also a member. No issue whatsoever.

It is also worth mentioning that the association is run by pilots, or retired pilots, elected by the members, and it has been running for several decades.

Ketek400
24th Apr 2018, 05:25
Just seems very expensive. Especially if you are over 45.

polax52
24th Apr 2018, 09:27
Just seems very expensive. Especially if you are over 45.

That's what it costs mate! They're non-profit making, part of the Air France union. They're very good, a lot better cover than you get any where else that I've found.

CaptainProp
24th Apr 2018, 19:55
.....and if you get money back more or less every year the total cost is, in my case, something like €4-600 less than on paper.

CP

Lcb86
24th Apr 2018, 22:04
Is it required to be a european citizen or to be flying in europe to enroll? If I am a non EU citizen flying for a UAE carrier, am I eligible for coverage? Thanks for the inputs...

K1000
13th May 2018, 04:38
Is it required to be a european citizen or to be flying in europe to enroll? If I am a non EU citizen flying for a UAE carrier, am I eligible for coverage? Thanks for the inputs...

it’s not a requirement to work or be an EU citizen. Great place to have your loss of license. I can recommend it. PM if you need more info. I work in an UAE carrier as well.