PDA

View Full Version : Now then ...if the teacher was Male...do you think he'd avoid jail?

Fliegenmong
22nd Apr 2018, 03:56
Madeline Marx schoolteacher convicted of sex with students (http://www.news.com.au/world/cleveland-schoolteacher-madeline-marx-walks-free-despite-being-convicted-of-sex-with-students/news-story/706c8cd973a27546e60e2586a51d3fdc)

:hmm::hmm: ... I thought everyone was calling for 'equality' nowadays...:confused:

meadowrun
22nd Apr 2018, 04:14
I'm calling for human proof-readers myself. Literate ones.
The former Cleveland school Year 11 substitute teacher must now report two police every 90 days

Fliegenmong
22nd Apr 2018, 04:27
Yes..I saw that....and for what exactly must she report them for??

krismiler
22nd Apr 2018, 04:56
I wouldn't say no and I can't think of many teenage boys who would turn her down.

tdracer
22nd Apr 2018, 07:47
I wouldn't say no and I can't think of many teenage boys who would turn her down.
So, you're all in favor of sexual abuse of minors by those in a position of authority, so long as the children they abuse are males.
Nice...

UniFoxOs
22nd Apr 2018, 08:14
In some states 16 and 17 year olds could get married - hardly "minors", if I'd had the chance with our french mistress at that age I'd have jumped at it.

Corrected version (my bold insertion):-
Her behaviour came to the light of authorities after a jealous school student reported lurid schoolyard gossip to the principal.

DaveReidUK
22nd Apr 2018, 08:18
So, you're all in favor of sexual abuse of minors by those in a position of authority, so long as the children they abuse are males.
Nice...

While she certainly abused her position of trust, how many countries outside the US criminalise consensual sex with a 16-year-old? (I'm aware that Ohio law differs where the defendant is a teacher)

Mac the Knife
22nd Apr 2018, 08:25
In the back of a car? How tacky! Couldn't she do better than that?

I think she was very lucky to avoid a jail-term (almost certainly and IMHO, quite properly, because she was a woman and they were boys). Yes, I think it does make a difference.

The fact that she was their teacher is the crucial point.

Anyway, jail aside, she is now ticketed as a sexual offender and will be lucky to ever work again.

Mac

krismiler
22nd Apr 2018, 08:28
Teenage boys are known for having one thing on their minds and that's SEX. In most countries the boys concerned would have been over the age of consent at 16 and 17, we're not talking about 12 and 13 year olds. I'm sure they came to no harm and weren't traumatised by the experience.

A young man of 16 is going to get his end away one way or another, either with a girl around his own age or a prostitute, unless he is really lucky and gets initiated by an older woman.

A girl around his own age may not be ready yet and only give in to please him, also the risk of unwanted pregnancy is high. A prostitute may not be such a good experience and carries the greater risk of disease. An older woman is a much better option for a first timer as she will know what to do and is far less likely to fall pregnant.

Here's to you Mrs Robinson.

krismiler
22nd Apr 2018, 08:32
In the back of a car? How tacky! Couldn't she do better than that?

Have you still got Drive In Cinemas in South Africa ? That brings back a few memories of the back seat under a blanket in winter time.

WingNut60
22nd Apr 2018, 09:53
In some states 16 and 17 year olds could get married - hardly "minors", if I'd had the chance with our french mistress at that age I'd have jumped at it.

Corrected version (my bold insertion):-

A bold insertion that would have been indeed.

ramble on
22nd Apr 2018, 10:19
Ahhh....??? Private remedial reading lessons? All the boys wll want them!
Who would have thought that two months ago he would be able to spell gonorrhea?

Mr Gormsby......"with results like these you're just the sort of teacher this school desperately needs........!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fseGP2Ubc8

S1E03.....14min+

Tankertrashnav
22nd Apr 2018, 12:07
Now then ...if the teacher was Male...do you think he'd avoid jail?

A quick Google search reveals quite a few cases of female teachers in the UK being jailed for having sex with male pupils, some getting sentences of several years. As has been pointed out, the fact that the boys were up for it is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned.

One case from a few years back caught my eye

The affair only came to light in a bizarre twist of fate, when Fairhurst was spotted having sex with the boy while she was performing jury duty at Liverpool Crown Court.

Blimey!

tdracer
22nd Apr 2018, 20:14
If you bother to go back and look at the male victims of these 'consensual' sexual encounters with their teachers ten or more years later, you'll likely find that the male victims have serious psychological problems (that's certainly the case on this side of the pond). Alcoholism/drug abuse is almost a given.
While having sex with teacher seemed like a good idea at the time, it apparently results in serious, long term damage.

Mostly Harmless
22nd Apr 2018, 20:41
Teenage boys are known for having one thing on their minds and that's SEX. In most countries the boys concerned would have been over the age of consent at 16 and 17, we're not talking about 12 and 13 year olds.

Yeah, because girls that age never have SEX on their mind. I think it's fairly obvious you've never spent any "quality" time with a sister, girlfriend, wife, or female coworker. So, applying your yardstick of consent, I would say it's fair to let most male predators go free as well because the age of consent could be 16 or 17 and the girls wanted it. Even if that's something you are unwilling to admit to yourself. After all, we're not talking about 12 and 13 year olds.

A young woman of 16 is going to get her end away one way or another, either with a Boy around her own age or a prostitute, unless she is really lucky and gets initiated by an older man.

Does that read any different to you? If it does, you are being pretty hypocritical right now.

A girl/boy around his/her own age may not be ready yet and only give in to please him/her, also the risk of unwanted pregnancy is high. A prostitute may not be such a good experience and carries the greater risk of disease. An older woman/man is a much better option for a first timer as she/he will know what to do and is far less likely to fall/prevent pregnant.

That's a pretty big pile of excrement right there. Again, I can just alter all the gender pronouns and see if it is still a statement you are willing to stand behind. Maybe you are? Maybe you don't think an adult male teacher having sex with a willing teenage girl is a big deal.

Some days the fairy tale levels of denial about male and female desires and urges amazes me. The reason every woman says that "the only thing men think about is sex" is because it is what the women are thinking about all the time.

Want and desire ≠ Legal consent.

ShotOne
22nd Apr 2018, 21:06
It's a worthwhile debate whether a sixteen/seventeen year old ought to be able to consent, but it's not what the OP asked. The fact is, the OP's 100% right; if this teacher was male he'd be in prison right now, probably having his face smashed in and looking forward to the rest of his life as a sex-offender.

Mostly Harmless
22nd Apr 2018, 21:17
It's a worthwhile debate whether a sixteen/seventeen year old ought to be able to consent, but it's not what the OP asked. The fact is, the OP's 100% right; if this teacher was male he'd be in prison right now, probably having his face smashed in and looking forward to the rest of his life as a sex-offender.

Absolutely true.

ShyTorque
22nd Apr 2018, 22:28
Well, the first time I got hit on by an older lady, I was 17 and she was about 32. She wasn't a teacher so obviously it did me no harm at all.

Or so my imaginary friend Jezebel here tells me..... :E

Ogre
22nd Apr 2018, 23:04
Ahhh....??? Private remedial reading lessons? All the boys wll want them!
Who would have thought that two months ago he would be able to spell gonorrhea?

Mr Gormsby......"with results like these you're just the sort of teacher this school desperately needs........!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fseGP2Ubc8

S1E03.....14min+

Ahh Gormsby, the completely un-PC Teacher who says all those things that the current teachers can't or won't. Hilarious, nice to see I'm not the only one who's seen it.

Tankertrashnav
22nd Apr 2018, 23:48
The fact is, the OP's 100% right; if this teacher was male he'd be in prison right now

As I've pointed out, in the UK female teachers are already getting serious jail time for this sort of offence. Probably not getting their faces smashed in though.

RatherBeFlying
23rd Apr 2018, 03:45
In Canada, those in position of authority such as teachers, employers, medical, ship captains, pilots? are prohibited from sexual involvement with persons in their charge under 18.

Professional bodies and employers generally have stricter rules.

While those underage can be legally deemed incapable of consent, it can get murky when the younger person initiates the act.

A high school athlete received oral sex from a too young student on a school bus and faced serious charges as a result. It seemed a group of too young ladies were in competition to see how many athletes they could do:uhoh: He was not convicted. In Georgia, he'd likely have gotten life.

bcgallacher
23rd Apr 2018, 06:43
In my opinion there is a difference between a female teacher seducing a male pupil and the reverse. The fact remains that being seduced by your teacher would do absolutely no harm to a boy,it would put a big smile on his face and if she was any good at it his future girlfriends would get the benefit of his experience.

Fliegenmong
23rd Apr 2018, 07:42
"Ahh Gormsby, the completely un-PC Teacher who says all those things that the current teachers can't or won't. Hilarious, nice to see I'm not the only one who's seen it."

I just watched that....hilarious!! :)

VP959
23rd Apr 2018, 08:12
I suspect that we all know that both girls and boys below the legal age of consent can be just as precocious when teenage hormones are raging. Perhaps it's more common for boys to show it, but as someone who was seduced by an under age girl when I was also under age, I can very definitely say that girls can and do initiate sex at a young age.

The key here has nothing at all to do with that, though, the critical factor is that a teacher, of either (or any, in this PC world) gender is placed in a position of trust and responsibility with regard to their pupils/students. In effect, they are in the same moral position as parents, as far as looking after the education and welfare of their pupils/students is concerned.

It doesn't matter one jot whether the teacher is male or female, the responsibility is, or should be, the same. Teachers are, like parents, in a position to influence those that they teach, after all that's a key part of their job. As such, they should be responsible enough to not engage in sexual activity with their pupils/students.

Quite why it's seen by some as more acceptable for a female teacher to engage in sex with a pupil than it would be for a male teacher to do the same is just down to the way some think about the gender difference. I'm far from ascribing to all the political correctness crap, but I do believe that for decades, perhaps centuries, we have treated females as being less worthy than males, and that males have a natural instinct to dominate females, so that justifies something like the acts in this case.

I believe we should be above that. We're not like other animals, we can control our own lives to a far greater degree and there is no excuse whatsoever, in my view, for thinking it's somehow OK for a female teacher to have sex with a pupil but not OK for a male teacher. It's equally wrong for both, and the sooner we accept that girls and boys, and men and women, are equals, the better.

goudie
23rd Apr 2018, 09:21
My first sexual experience was with a 15 year old girl, I was 16. She led all the way, I know I wasn’t her first, a couple of mates had been there before me, as she confirmed. It was a very long time ago but hey, you never forget your first time!

We had a student female teacher (20ish) for a few weeks in my boy’s only school and we 16 yr olds all lusted after her.

Hydromet
23rd Apr 2018, 10:38
In my boys only school, one of the female teachers commenced an affair with one of the student after he had completed school...immediately after.

She was only possibly 3 or 4 years older than him. If you're going to do it, that's the way it should be done. One of our former female politicians had a similar relationship with a former student, but there was a bigger age difference.

Fareastdriver
23rd Apr 2018, 11:07
Thank God I'm not rich and famous.

krismiler
23rd Apr 2018, 13:41
This site is worth a look and could stop you from getting into trouble.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/highest-and-lowest

lomapaseo
23rd Apr 2018, 17:56
The "age of consent" immediately begs the question of what is consent when it ends up as he-said-she-said after the fact. All it seems to do is to put a low bar on avoiding the question afterwards

krismiler
24th Apr 2018, 00:19
It’s a bit like becoming a parent, no one is really ready for it, there is no training course and no licence required. You sort of muddle through and do the best you can. Some people do an excellent job and some should never be allowed to breed at all.

There are sex education classes in schools but no child gets told when it’s okay for them to start. The doctor tells them how not to do it, they priest tells them why not to do it and the headmaster tells them where not to do it.

flash8
24th Apr 2018, 01:37
It never ceases to amaze me in the UK a teacher convicted of a relationship with multiple pupils might get absolute *maximum* five years in jail (and out in two or so with good behaviour) whereas in the US that can mean thirty years incarceration without parole!