PDA

View Full Version : Situation in Saudi Arabia?

Kerosene Kraut
21st Apr 2018, 20:22
According to german media the King has been evacuated to some military airfield not far from the Riad palace as some heavy fights might have broken out close to the palace? Nothing on the beeb I could find.

Airbubba
21st Apr 2018, 20:34
The Beeb will pick up on the story soon and it will be trending on Facebook and the morning TV shows in a day or two.

Could be the real deal though. :eek:

Heavy firing in Riyadh sparks coup rumours

Foreign

22 mins ago BY News Desk Heavy gunfire has been reported outside the royal palace in Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh.

Reportedly, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has been evacuated from the palace.

According to Associated Press (AP), Royal Saudi Land Forces Lieutenant General Allukas Nepils is leading the military push to oust the Saudi king.

A number of videos have emerged online, purportedly showing heavy gunfire in close proximity to the royal palace in the Saudi capital. Military or emergency vehicles can be seen with their lights flashing in the videos.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2018/04/22/coup-feared-as-heavy-gunfire-reported-in-riyadh/

Airbubba
21st Apr 2018, 20:38
Could be the real deal though. :eek:

Or, maybe not... :confused:

Fears that an armed coup was underway in Saudi Arabia's palace have been dismissed as a drone which got too close to the gates.

Videos had been posted on social media which claimed to be of heavy gunfire outside the palace in Rihayd, although these now appear to be false.

Wall Street journalist Margherita Stancati, who reports from Saudi Arabia, tweeted: 'No coup attempt in Riyadh. A toy drone/plane got too close too the King’s palace and was shot down.'

Drone shot down outside Saudi Arabia palace sparks coup fears | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5642379/Drone-shot-outside-Saudi-Arabia-palace-sparks-coup-fears.html)

Hotel Tango
21st Apr 2018, 21:31
Another example of how social media is so dangerous! Yet another minor incident is blown out of all proportion through unverified social media exposure. I wonder if WW3 will start this way?!

Kerosene Kraut
22nd Apr 2018, 05:04
What got "blown out of all proportion" by just asking on a news and rumours board?

wiggy
22nd Apr 2018, 06:32
As I read it the criticism was aimed at the mainstream media blowing it out of all proportion....

Hotel Tango
22nd Apr 2018, 10:17
Correct, my meaning exactly wiggy.