PDA

View Full Version : The pilots need to put pilots first.

Avinthenews
20th Apr 2018, 16:02
The pilots / AOA need to put the well-being of the pilots and families first.

Gone are the days when the AOA & company were buddies!

Unfortunately that partnership was abused long ago and trying to get it back is pointless.

The AOA needs to put pilots first just like SAA are trying too, we need to promote and educate within our own for the best opportunities world wide and share the knowledge and lifestyle that's available, if CX think the package is acceptable then they have nothing to worry about, we should be educating all members on pay lifestyle (rosters / vacancy slots) conditions etc at all worldwide airlines, helping crew to join if they so choose, hopefully they'll come back and provide feedback for other members.

Interview help, questions on pay and lifestyle should be free flowing in the AOA forums, pilots looking out for pilots

Onnce again, if CX feel their conditions, lifestyle and pay are suitable then they have nothing to fear.

Why are we not looking after our own? (To some extent we do but not too the extent we should)

What part of Aircrew Officers Association says it's looking out for CX? Perhaps in the old days it was but why do we continue to do so?

Aircrew looking after Aircrew!

Perhaps when the company realises the AOA puts pilots first, they will negotiate knowing they have to offer a package that makes us want to
stay.

Seeing the thread where long serving pilots get farewelled with respect how about the AOA starts doing it, fleet parties, notices of crew final flights, basically make it a group we're proud of as clearly cx no longer has that honour.

backtothegrindstone
21st Apr 2018, 02:44
Agreed with both comments but let me ask you this ?

How are the trainers that are union members still in training???? Its a complete JOKE. So as a Second Officer we must continue to get delayed and delayed and loose a massive amount of money due to the TB but pilots are joining training and the UNION trainers are still training ? Seems like a flawed system.

The AOA need to start investing in there SO's and start looking after them and protecting them in the form of increased HKPA ( Fairly ) and giving the TB up only for internal applicants!!!!!! PUT IT IN OUR COS!
Otherwise the union will have soon to be the majority of Ranked pilots all pissed off and then it is game over.

OK4Wire
21st Apr 2018, 03:18
"Lose"

"their"

"SOs"

The AOA cannot increase HKPA or put something in your COS (with your approval), ask the DFO.

I think you'll find that FO and TC upgrades are also being delayed.

corrigin
21st Apr 2018, 03:25
How are the trainers that are union members still in training???? Its a complete JOKE. So as a Second Officer we must continue to get delayed and delayed and loose a massive amount of money due to the TB but pilots are joining training and the UNION trainers are still training ? Seems like a flawed system.

Agreed. If the AOA trainers all resigned en masse from the Training Dept., management would certainly have a dilemma.

Another flaw is that some management are also AOA members. That needs to be changed - either you're a union member or you're in management.

The AOA need to start investing in there SO's and start looking after them and protecting them in the form of increased HKPA ( Fairly ) and giving the TB up only for internal applicants!!!!!! PUT IT IN OUR COS!
Otherwise the union will have soon to be the majority of Ranked pilots all pissed off and then it is game over.

Well if we react with emotions rather than strategy, indeed it is "game over". We reap what we sow. In other words, unless we remain unified despite the pain that we are enduring at the moment, it certainly will be "game over".

backtothegrindstone
21st Apr 2018, 05:38
OKwire .....
wow you a big boy , forgive my spelling. English is not my first language. It is okay as you spelling in my language would probably be a joke.

and for your FO Capt argument.... irrelevant as the FO’s waiting for command are all sitting fat and happy with housing. Capt are fat and happy already.
mmmmm so the SO’s must protect them buy getting :mad: over with earnings and life style .
let me tell you something, you have no support from us anymore. We might pat your ego on the Flight deck but trust me we voting for ourselves this time around .... maybe the company should give a option to share your housing !!!!

to late as emotions are involved as we all being delayed. It’s normally.
maybe we should vote to keep the TB going as it’s “so” effective.... I mean people are just taking Training positions.
If the AOA don’t do anything then they weak!!!

Air Profit
21st Apr 2018, 06:02
back to the grindstone. Obvious management plant, trying to wind up everyone and divide the pilot force. Most of the SO's realise that CX can pay them a fair housing, without it coming from those already on ARAPA. Most SO's also realise that there can't really be a stable and secure career if the basis for their improvement is to harm their own colleagues. Eventually they are the senior ones, and the juniors of the day will use the same logic. Ignore this obvious attempt at cubicle warfare, by one of Anna's minions.

piccadillysquared
21st Apr 2018, 06:34
Grindstone - we're all guilty of typos & errors. But an inability to string together a phrase, a paragraph so void of minimal (ICAO L4??) standards is what is concerning. No, I (we) could not write in "your" language but that's not what is required of a professional airman of a widebody hey. English ICAO 4 is.

You joined on the package you ASKED to receive. You embraced it. Now you have it you wish to complain? You may have joined during the TB and almost definitely during CC. And yet you whine about the industrial circumstances you asked to be a part of?

C Scale and all that it entails is your choosing. "Putting Pilots First" is sadly, arguably pathetically, not what the AOA does or did back in 2008/9, let alone the rest of its past. The decision makers knowingly and deliberately protect(ed) their own contracts at the expense of the future. John Warham wrote about this at great length. You are throwing your toys from the cot all because a widebody command may not come to you before your 30th birthday. You wish for the TB and CC to be over purely and ONLY for selfish, self serving, ignorant and arrogant reasons. As you admit, the same real pilots you show respect to on the flightdeck are the same you eagerly are waiting to stab in the back when the voting opportunity comes. Cowardly and sad. But this "me first" generation is what C Scale attracted. Look at the calibre of DEFO - self serving, social media desperate, "look at me", "I saved the day" types.

Putting pilots first? You've got to be kidding when this is the real traits of the future CX pilot.

SloppyJoe
21st Apr 2018, 08:37
My goodness, this company is pathetic if they are reduced to this sort of ****. The above tripe is so obviously written by a troll. I don't understand the goal though, these are public forums. Your customers will either be appalled at the level of intelligence employed in the flight deck, if believing the above is in fact written by a pilot, or they will be appalled that management stoop to such immature actions if they see through the ruse.

:mad: grow up, it's an embarrassment.