PDA

View Full Version : EINN US Customs Pre Clearance?

ksjc
19th Apr 2018, 14:11
Hello.

I am planning a EINN-KBNA leg. I've never used US Customs Pre Clearance at an out station such as EINN. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing they would like to share?

Good? Bad?

Thanks.

FLEXJET
19th Apr 2018, 16:24
I used EINN Pre-Clearance a couple of times. It is not available H24.

My experience was rather positive but the last one was a 1h40 turnaround (customs and refuelling). Be careful if you have duty time limitations.

My record Xwind landing and T/O were there also...

US Preclearance Facility - Shannon Airport (http://www.shannonairport.ie/gns/business/aviation-development/us-preclearance-for-private-aircraft.aspx)

space-shuttle-driver
20th Apr 2018, 22:34
clarify whether you still need customs at the other end! you'll need them
to incinerate your catering leftovers. it's important to them. africa is easier...

ksjc
25th Apr 2018, 20:06
clarify whether you still need customs at the other end! you'll need them
to incinerate your catering leftovers. it's important to them. africa is easier...

Can’t the FBO do that?

G4X
25th Apr 2018, 22:12
Can’t the FBO do that?

The FBO in the U.S will take care of the disposal as international waste.
The whole process in EINN has really improved where it is now on a par with KBGR where all U.S. citizens and bags are cleared at the aircraft.

muntisk
27th Apr 2018, 20:57
The FBO in the U.S will take care of the disposal as international waste.
The whole process in EINN has really improved where it is now on a par with KBGR where all U.S. citizens and bags are cleared at the aircraft.

not all FBO can do it, had same issue. After all changed airport of entry due to waste...