PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet cadet of the year is.... a modular student

Alex Whittingham
16th Apr 2018, 15:27
Well done Tom!

pilot career news article (https://www.pilotcareernews.com/toms-modular-route-to-an-atpl-and-a-job-with-easyjet/#article)

MaverickPrime
16th Apr 2018, 16:21
Seen this a while ago, but its worth observing;

He still had to go to CTC/L3 in the later stages of his training to get into easyJet. Its a shame that L3 and FTE seem to have a monopoly over the 250hr cadet positions available at easyJet. Maybe the Wings Alliance, especially given some of their new initiatives, could put forward a convincing argument to easyJet and persuade them to take on more modular cadets?

Though, maybe the relationship between L3 and Ezy is a little too rosy.

paco
17th Apr 2018, 06:00
Coming soon - the full 9 yards for circa £40K, ground school, MCC the lot - just add type rating....

They were at the last Flyer show and got a positive response, especially from the more mature type of candidate.

More details when I have them.

Officer Kite
18th Apr 2018, 04:52
Coming soon - the full 9 yards for circa £40K, ground school, MCC the lot - just add type rating....

They were at the last Flyer show and got a positive response, especially from the more mature type of candidate.

More details when I have them.

Can't imagine a positive response to that from those at the L3 academy waiting in line to join ezy ... what has their £100k gotten them if not easyjet!?

paco
18th Apr 2018, 06:29
Well, it can be done. The figures appear to stand up - I believe there will be an article in FTN soon. A type rating can be done in Germany, for example, for the A320 or B737NG for around £22K and they have good lead-ins with several airlines like Air Baltic etc.

kpd
19th Apr 2018, 15:14
Well, it can be done. The figures appear to stand up - I believe there will be an article in FTN soon. A type rating can be done in Germany, for example, for the A320 or B737NG for around £22K and they have good lead-ins with several airlines like Air Baltic etc.

Hi paco for those not in the know what is FTN please?

paco
19th Apr 2018, 15:16
Sorry, Flight Training News - it's a weekly newspaper associated with Airplan Flight Equipment. Most flight schools will have a copy. They have a press release.

phil

kpd
19th Apr 2018, 16:10
Paco thanks for explanation

Mickey Kaye
19th Apr 2018, 18:27
Well I don't suppose it was the MPL student who I added a SEP rating to his license after he got realised by easyjet after 42 sectors. I think it set him back about 109 grand and those 10 hours solo and total time of 70 hours in SEP/MEP will prepare him well.