PDA

View Full Version : Qingdao Airlines

jet commander 64
14th Apr 2018, 08:52
Good morning dear fellow aviator. Sometime there are questions regarding Qingdao Airlines based in Qingdao, China. Well, let me just give you a quick higlight. First of all, I don't work there but this outfit was one of my choices if I would decide to change my current airline after the contract ends, so I try to receive the best intel Ican gather. I won't lose time talking about Flying in China, that is general and not airline specific. It seems to me that Qingdao Airlines was a great choice a couple of years ago: great terms and condition for A 320 rated captains, nice place, good environment. As it often happens, it seems that now the situation is rapidly deteriorating. The company is losing money, the management is stressed, and the President (that was a nice captain) has been fired. There is almost no support at all to the foreigners. It seems that some pilot is waiting from couple of months either the reimbursement for the airline ticket spent in commuting back home and the payroll certificate and tax certificate needed to change money or to wire transfer the money back home. Just recently all the foreign pilot have been asked to work continuously in June, July, August and September disregarding their commuting contract. The people joining now should carefully check with their agencies or with the company these rumours: as we say, better safe than sorry.
Happy Landings.

Slarberg
15th Apr 2018, 00:17
I think is the same s... in all chinese airlines.

My friends told me that at Juneyao and Spring also requested to work all sunmer with no Leaves but also they rejested to give them December leaves!

jet commander 64
15th Apr 2018, 01:39
I think is the same s... in all chinese airlines.

My friends told me that at Juneyao and Spring also requested to work all sunmer with no Leaves but also they rejested to give them December leaves!

Yes, that is true: all of them simply cannot understand the "contractual leave" concept; by the way at least in Spring and Juneyao there is someone deputed to assist the pilots , to receive questions and to give answers, and they pay 💰 as per contract.