PDA

View Full Version : Tanzania License Conversion Exam

Alfa Bravo Foxtrot
14th Apr 2018, 03:29
Ladies and gentlemen, could someone please provide me with the details of a computer based exam required to convert to a Tanzanian ATPL? I was not able to find anything online apart from the information on the Tanzanian CAA website. I guess it is a mix of Air Law, Procedures, Meteorology and Human Factors in one exam. A question bank, guidance material or any exam prep tool would be very useful. Thank you!

Phone Wind
15th Apr 2018, 17:53
I’m not aware of any question bank or guidance material other than that on the TCAA website. It’s just a simple case of nose to the grindstone for as long as it takes to have a good knowledge of air law, meteorology, HF and procedures. Quite a few people I know adopted a very casual approach and failed first time, so just work hard

carrot123
18th Apr 2018, 08:21
Hi, does anyone have any info on the CPL conversion exam in Tanzania? It’s probably the same as for the ATPL but maybe someone has more detailed information or has even done it?

Hawkeye0001
18th Apr 2018, 16:08
No question bank available but still very doable. Your best ressources are a) the local pilot population and b) the TCAA regulations and AIC; both can be downloaded (when their download server is up, that is...).
Met deals with mostly local weather phenomena (rain seasons, winds).

Alfa Bravo Foxtrot
18th Apr 2018, 16:26
Thank you guys for your answers ! I have two weeks to study, I’ll do my best. What is the pass mark? 75%?

carrot123
20th Apr 2018, 20:52
Thanks for all the useful information! And yes, I believe it’s 75%

Another question, not really related to the exam though. Do you have any advice when it comes to the perfect job interview attire in Tanzania? Would it be strange to show up in a suit or would it be disrespectful to show up in jeans and a tshirt?

capb1900
21st Apr 2018, 17:35
I don’t know what part of the world you come from but seems like you probably underestimate Tanzania and Africa as a whole As far as interviews are concerned the dress code is formals and that applies to interview anywhere in the world. I hope you know what formals means

Klimax
21st Apr 2018, 20:05
Sure sounds like you've been ALL over the world, with the knowledge you're sharing! The guy is proactively gathering information to be ahead of the game - how the f@ck is he supposed to know what is required in AFRICA. He's specifically asking about operators in Tanzania, and not the rest of the world, or the rest of dark Africa. In my experience, it's not normal to walk into the safari C206/C208 operators in Dar - dressed like a banker (in a Suit), nor was it normal in Wilson anno 1997. Hopefully someone will be a bit more accurate and friendly and give him some proper advise. There's a bit more to flying, and recruitment, than dressing up like a clown in a circus, though sometimes one wonders if there really is, looking at some operators.

perceval
27th Apr 2018, 04:43
Regarding the interview attire, I would suggest you dress as close as possible to a pilot's uniform but without rank epaulettes. Something like : Dark blue or Black trousers, white short sleeve shirt and a sober tie + Black shoes. It seems to be quite acceptable in East Africa.
Best of luck and enjoy Tz.

capb1900
2nd May 2018, 16:06
A smart a** from utopia. Guess you suppport your own :D. You can’t even be honest about where you come from how can one take ur advise:rolleyes:

Lascaille
2nd May 2018, 16:21
[

Considering your advice was formals... Hint hint, formals = black tie, morning dress.

Zee1980
12th Dec 2019, 19:58
Hi guys. Any updated info on FAA to Tanzanian CAA CPL conversion? I’ve taken the exam twice and busted both the times. I’m not actually getting a hint of what and where to prepare from. Before taking it again, I want to make sure I approach it the right way and do it. Pls help! Many thanks.

DaFly
24th Dec 2019, 12:50
Have done the exam for converting an SA ATPL to a Tanzanian one a while ago.
2 options:
1) if the computers work, you can get questions from the entire EASA question bank. Good luck.
2) very often the PCs don't seem to work and you get a paper exam. Just ask around locally, information on that one might be not too difficult to obtain.

Zee1980
24th Dec 2019, 14:42
Many thanks for the info. They don’t conduct paper exams anymore bcoz the computers are always working. I have 2 weeks for the exams. I’m eating, sleeping on EASA part of aviationexams.com. Hope that would help. If anybody got any updated info, kindly advise. Thanks.

Abdur Rauf Dhothar
12th Sep 2021, 18:17
Can anybody please guide me about license conversion in Tanzania
like exam , flying hours, )