PDA

View Full Version : MCC Courses

Skyhigh_
13th Apr 2018, 14:43
Hi all,
I am looking for a good MCC course. I heard SKY4U in Berlin are very good.
Any other recommendations?
Thanks in advance

pilotczj
13th Apr 2018, 16:10
I would strongly recommend Pilots Ato in Budapest, Hungary.

johnjohncafe
14th Apr 2018, 00:30
I would strongly recommend Pilots Ato in Budapest, Hungary.

Hi, why do you recommend Pilots Ato ? what are pros and cons with them ?
thanks

pilotczj
14th Apr 2018, 05:13
To starts with the drawbacks, I can only say that they are located in Budapest and not somewhere in a western capital so it might be a longer journey for you getting there, depending on where you live. However, it is located closely to the city centre so it is easily approachable.
To tell the truth I did my MCC somewhere else as it was included in my integrated training, however I know the company pretty well and they are doing a great job. At least 10 of my friends did their MCC+JOC there and they were very satisfied as the training gives you not only knowledge about the basic stuffs but about Airbus philosophy as well during the theory days. Most of them went to Wizzair since them and they had no problem with the sim assessment after sitting in that sim for hours during the courses, as it is pretty much working like the sim they have at wizz. The instructors are type rated, some of them are ex TRI so they are not only well prepared but they teach effecticely. If you are planning your future career on the Bus, then its a good idea to do it there, if you are sure that it is not your future aircraft, then I might recommend doing it somewhere else. :)
I hope that helps :)

Skyhigh_
14th Apr 2018, 20:34
I was looking for a 737 MCC as I wouldn't be interested in working for Wizz. Thanks anyway

johnjohncafe
15th Apr 2018, 02:39
To starts with the drawbacks, I can only say that they are located in Budapest and not somewhere in a western capital so it might be a longer journey for you getting there, depending on where you live. However, it is located closely to the city centre so it is easily approachable.
To tell the truth I did my MCC somewhere else as it was included in my integrated training, however I know the company pretty well and they are doing a great job. At least 10 of my friends did their MCC+JOC there and they were very satisfied as the training gives you not only knowledge about the basic stuffs but about Airbus philosophy as well during the theory days. Most of them went to Wizzair since them and they had no problem with the sim assessment after sitting in that sim for hours during the courses, as it is pretty much working like the sim they have at wizz. The instructors are type rated, some of them are ex TRI so they are not only well prepared but they teach effecticely. If you are planning your future career on the Bus, then its a good idea to do it there, if you are sure that it is not your future aircraft, then I might recommend doing it somewhere else. :)
I hope that helps :)

pilotczj, thanks for your tips ! since I am aiming to get into Wizzair once I complete my FAA to EASA conversion :ok:

pilotczj
15th Apr 2018, 08:06
pilotczj, thanks for your tips ! since I am aiming to get into Wizzair once I complete my FAA to EASA conversion :ok:

Your welcome. Good luck with doing that :)

alohadje
15th Apr 2018, 10:09

Good luck mate, they are looking for a lot of people so as long as you pass the exams and the sim, you should be allright (remember its a ssim interview so dont be pancho and configurate and slow down asap)

johnjohncafe
16th Apr 2018, 00:00
Cheers pilotczj and alohadje !!
For now the hardest part is the ATPL theory "lunch"...FAA to EASA is a different story.
I can't wait to be able to attend an airline assesment :)
Just hope my age, I am a 40 years old low timer, will not be too much a factor.

Skyhigh_
16th Apr 2018, 10:03
Would anyone recommend Simtech in Dublin? I heard their SIM is quite old and they have a low pass rate at the assessment. They keep saying that Ryanair gives preference to their students however I heard from a reliable source that those claims are untrue and that Ryanair has no affiliations with Simtech whatsoever.

parkfell
16th Apr 2018, 20:51
Look at the new APS.MCC at Virtual Aviation, Cambridge UK

alohadje
19th Apr 2018, 13:32
Cheers pilotczj and alohadje !!
For now the hardest part is the ATPL theory "lunch"...FAA to EASA is a different story.
I can't wait to be able to attend an airline assesment :)
Just hope my age, I am a 40 years old low timer, will not be too much a factor.
THen my friend your best choice would be a low cost with a lot of hours within a short time and a quick entry seat on the left. At least you will catch up compared to most of the guys in the industry flying 4/7 hundred hours a year.
This is if you want to be competitive quickly on the market.

johnjohncafe
20th Apr 2018, 21:03
THen my friend your best choice would be a low cost with a lot of hours within a short time and a quick entry seat on the left. At least you will catch up compared to most of the guys in the industry flying 4/7 hundred hours a year.
This is if you want to be competitive quickly on the market.

That is exactly what I am planning ! Cheers
alohadje 👍
I am making a lot if sacrifices to give up a comfortable but life is short and I do not want to have any regret ten years from now.
I must do my best 💪